Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It is sort of like the seven-layer-dips that you see.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #19140 at 9:28 pm on Oct 13, 2010
Instead of using a tortilla chip to scoop it up, you would use a spoon or spreader to scoop up some of the sushi and then wrap a square of nori around it. I cut the nori sheets into quarters. People just pick up a piece of nori and roll it around the sushi. You could just serve the sushi and have people spoon it onto small plates and eat it with chopsticks. The problem I have had is having enough little containers of soy sauce and wasabi for people to use. I have done this with family so it wasn't much of an issue.
I have also made Olga's and it was delicious too. I served this cut into wedges on small plates and had the soy sauce and wasabi on the side for people to put on their plates. I am really craving sushi right now!
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. �Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 19140. My Weekend Six - DawnNYS - 12:18am on 10/11/10 (19)
- And a Happy 10-10-10 to everyone! [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:20am on 10/11/10
- I like to take caramel apples. No one ever does it, it's kid-friendly AND semi-healthy [NT] - cheezz - 12:47am on 10/11/10
- Or, with all those apples, how about baking up a big rectangular "pie"? - cheezz - 12:55am on 10/11/10
- How about a hearty soup, such as Chicken Tortilla Soup? Or some chili? [NT] - Meryl - 1:01am on 10/11/10
- What about quiche, or baked beans in a crock pot? Thai beef salad (Rec inside)? - Traca - 3:48am on 10/11/10
- These oven-fried chicken breasts are delish! Cut in strips, serve w/ a dip or on a salad? - Traca - 3:50am on 10/11/10
- This is my next salad - sounds really delicious. [NT] - elaine - 4:47am on 10/11/10
- How about making your own veggie sushi rolls? Not expensive, different, and will - barb_b - 2:29pm on 10/11/10
- Great idea Barb. Do you use spring roll "rounds" or something else? How did you - DawnNYS - 6:10am on 10/12/10
- Hi Dawn, I keep forgetting to make the rounds. I think they look lovely, but do not have experience - barb_b - 12:26pm on 10/12/10
- Sandi's Lazy Woman Sushi in T&T might be fun too. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 5:45pm on 10/12/10
- Oh yum! I have been wanting to make this for awhile. Maybe Sunday. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 10:41pm on 10/12/10
- Somehow I'm not getting this. With all the layers, how do people make their - DawnNYS - 2:35am on 10/13/10
- it's meant to have all the layers, in one spoonful, tucked inside a sheet of nori. like a sushi - AngAk - 6:51pm on 10/13/10
- It is sort of like the seven-layer-dips that you see. - Dawn_MO - 9:28pm on 10/13/10
- Oh my! I didn't expect all these suggestions... just hoping to hear other people's Sat Six! Thanks! [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:59am on 10/12/10