Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I had these the other day - they were great! REC Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #19229 at 6:01 pm on Oct 21, 2010
2 sweet potatoes, peeled
2 T olive oil
1/2 t Kosher salt
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
2 T granulated sugar
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch lengths and soak in cold water for 30 minutes; drain and pat dry. Place on pan and toss with olive oil - spread in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 15 minutes then turn over and bake for about 10 minutes more, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes, and toss with sugar; serve hot.
We had them served with a spicy dipping sauce, but I liked them better with plain ol' ketchup... 'brings out the sweet flavor better.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 19229. I had these the other day - they were great! REC Baked Sweet Potato Fries - DawnNYS - 6:01pm on 10/21/10 (4)
- Did they get nice and crispy, Dawn? [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:57am on 10/22/10
- Yes, perfect. Light and crispy, not - DawnNYS - 10:21pm on 10/22/10
- That will teach you not to eat at chains ;-) [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:13am on 10/23/10
- I'd heard a lot about it, and it was pretty expensive, so I thought it was a safe bet. No. [NT] - DawnNYS - 10:43pm on 10/23/10