Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Melissa, made your Spicy Coconut Chicken skewers.....
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #19285 at 3:03 am on Nov 1, 2010
THe one from tikiroom.com
I will re-post the recipe here because it's already in the second page of the forum.
I did not finish them as skewers, just grilled the chicken breasts, sliced them thinly, and served with the (warmed up) reserved marinade on top. Also did not bother with the shredded coconut coating.
They are absolutely delicious, I hope my photos turn out ok, so I can put them on my blog
Thanks so much for posting.... A keeper recipe for sure!
Sabu's Spicy Coconut Chicken Skewers
1/2 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/4 heaping teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
Combine all ingredients, except chicken and coconut (and skewers of course), in a saucepan and heat while stirring until boiling. Reduce heat to medium/low and allow marinade to reduce somewhat, (about 15 minutes), stirring occasionally. Put chicken breasts in a pan and pour most of the marinade on top, saving a small portion in a container for later. Make sure both sides of the breasts are coated with the marinade and let pan sit in a refrigerator at least 2 hours (I leave mine overnight).
Toast the coconut on a baking sheet or shallow pan in a 350-degree oven, turning the coconut with a spatula periodically so that it is a light brown. (dark brown works too, so don't worry if it's overdone).
Other messages in this thread:
- 19285. Melissa, made your Spicy Coconut Chicken skewers..... - SallyBR - 3:03am on 11/01/10 (5)
- Michael posted these initially.... you make three Sally... ready for tried n true now! [NT] - cheezz - 7:04am on 11/01/10
- Apologies to Michael.... - SallyBR - 3:27pm on 11/01/10
- I've added it to my 'to try' pile.... the pile is threatening to fall on me at this point! [NT] - cheezz - 9:36pm on 11/01/10
- It would be interesting.... - SallyBR - 11:25pm on 11/01/10
- WAIT, I'm sure I have a 'therapy' recipe in here somewhere....maybe we can get a 2-for-1 discount? [NT] - cheezz - 12:20am on 11/03/10