Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
I make this at the end of tomato season every year: REC:
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #19300 at 8:33 pm on Nov 4, 2010
Green Tomato and Jalapeño Jam
(Makes 3 cups of jam.)
4 JALAPEÑOS (sliced)
½ cup herbs such as MINT and CILANTRO (chopped)
4 cloves GARLIC (chopped)
1” piece GINGER (chopped)
½ cup CIDER VINEGAR
2 Tbsp SOY SAUCE
1 lb GREEN TOMATOES (peeled and chopped)
3 cups SUGAR
Puree the jalapeños, herbs, garlic, ginger vinegar and soy sauce in a food processor.
Place the mixture into a sauce pan and add the tomatoes and sugar.
Bring to a boil and simmer until it thickens, about 45 minutes. Process as you would any fruit preserve.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19300. I have about 5 pounds of green tomatoes. Any recipes, that aren't fried green tomatoes? - Dawn_MO - 5:00pm on 11/04/10 (14)
- How about a green tomato salsa? Here's one to check out: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 5:32pm on 11/04/10
- Here's a recipe I've always wanted to try - the tomatoes are fried, but it's a sandwich: [LINK] - Meryl - 5:34pm on 11/04/10
- Another great recipe from Meryl. You're the best! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 8:16pm on 11/04/10
- Thanks! xxx [NT] - Meryl - 10:30pm on 11/04/10
- I make this at the end of tomato season every year: REC: - Steve2 in LA - 8:33pm on 11/04/10
- D'oh! The recipe above is for Green Tomato and Jalapeño Jam [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 8:35pm on 11/04/10
- This sounds perfect. I have everything on hand. I will try and make this tomorrow. - Dawn_MO - 10:15pm on 11/04/10
- If your tomatoes' peels are tender, and you don't mind the texture. . . - mistral - 11:26pm on 11/04/10
- I made this last night and really liked it. It was very easy to peel the - Dawn_MO - 11:35am on 11/05/10
- Steve, when you make this, what herbs have you used? (nt) [NT] - mistral - 11:28pm on 11/04/10
- I've used cilantro, mint and oregano although not together. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 2:19am on 11/05/10
- Thanks for posting recipes everyone! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 11:36am on 11/05/10
- Dawn, this chicken recipe looks really good... [LINK] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:23am on 11/06/10
- Green Tomato-Tomatillo-Corn Pudding and Scalloped Green Tomatoes - Curious1 - 12:26pm on 11/06/10