Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
Preheated oven to 475, turned off & put tray in for just under 4 hours. Maybe my oven DOES run hot
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #19448 at 7:33 am on Dec 3, 2010
but I bake alot and have always found them pretty accurate. They're convection ovens as well and retain heat for a VERY long time which, I'm guessing, is going to be the culprit.
Maybe I'll give 'em another try sometime but preheat oven to 425 and start checking after 2 hours.
I understand the concept and it's certainly not rocket science. If that doesn't work deb, I'll look for a care package.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19448. Dawb_MO - Loved your Rooster Crackers = they'll become a staple in our home now! [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 7:04pm on 11/28/10 (12)
- Ditto from me! Can't wait until summer. They'll be great with a cold beer on a hot day! - CynUpstateNY - 7:30pm on 11/28/10
- Curious posted this recipe, and it has been made and enjoyed by - Dawn_MO - 9:39pm on 11/28/10
- Okay then, based on these kudos, I had to give 'em a try. Half batch in oven as we type . . . - Steve2 in LA - 11:20pm on 11/28/10
- time for T&T! I'm putting this on the New Year's eve menu. snowmachining weekend potluck. [NT] - AngAk - 5:35am on 11/30/10
- but NOT with the Palins on TV, although I could see them from my car : ) [NT] - AngAk - 6:32am on 11/30/10
- Lol, okay I'll post them but I've never made them, just thought they looked really good. Appetizers? [NT] - Curious1 - 3:17pm on 11/30/10
- Yeah, that would be a good place for them. You should try them, - Dawn_MO - 3:39pm on 11/30/10
- Another vote for them from me--they are really good any easy.They've become a requested favorite. :) [NT] - MoNJ - 8:11pm on 11/30/10
- Well, mine went terribly, horribly wrong. Pulled out a pan of charcoal. Where'd I go wrong? [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 8:56pm on 11/30/10
- Forgetting to set a timer? [NT] - orchid - 11:22pm on 11/30/10
- Assuming that you did turn off the oven when you put the crackers in it:) - deb-in-MI - 11:10am on 12/01/10
- Preheated oven to 475, turned off & put tray in for just under 4 hours. Maybe my oven DOES run hot - Steve2 in LA - 7:33am on 12/03/10