Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #19504 at 3:49 pm on Dec 5, 2010
'We still doing this?
Saturday a.m. got up bright and early to finish putting up the lights outside with DH before the snow (see #6).
From there, I went to a cookie walk... I don't know how popular these are around the country, but around here they're popping up like crazy. Usually in a non-profit place like a church or school, you go in, they hand you a plastic glove and a box and you help yourself to a variety of cookies at $8/lb. They weigh it when you're done, and you can either pay and just leave, or sit down and have a complimentary cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa. It was a little more of a contribution than I meant to give - I gave her a $50 bill and she gave me change for a 20 :o( I didn't realize it until I got home. Oh well, Merry Christmas!
One "cookie" I picked up was a Hershey's chocolate kiss melted onto a chocolate-covered cherry (with stem). Really cute "mouse" with almond sliver ears, one broken now :o(, and little beady eyes. I'd seen cookie mice, but never cherry candy mice. 'Must try for the gluten-free nephew.
Last night was our paper arts club's annual Christmas party. Just a "tea" with cookies, cakes, and pie (I was good, had 2 tiny chocolate-mint cookies and a slice of very good sugar-free cherry pie). Instead of exchanging gifts with each other this year we decided to give money to a charity instead, and chose the scholarship fund set up in the name of our neighbor who was kidnapped and murdered last week.
Today, if it stops snowing, maybe we'll take visit a tree farm and cut down a Christmas tree. Maybe. If it doesn't I'll watch another baking marathon on TV - love those this time of year. Then chicken Alfredo for dinner! Either way I'll be hungry and it will be good comfort food.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 19504. Holiday Six [IMAGE] - DawnNYS - 3:49pm on 12/05/10 (8)
- Holiday Six - Sylvia - 4:02pm on 12/05/10
- Holiday ONE... got 4 batches of Christmas cookie dough in the fridge/freezer :) [NT] - cheezz - 12:07am on 12/06/10
- cheez, you're good! Perhaps I'll do some more this afternoon. Presently up to my ears decorating. [NT] - Sylvia - 1:16pm on 12/06/10
- My girls won't be home for the holidays so I'm not decorating... more time for baking! [NT] - cheezz - 10:00pm on 12/06/10
- Dawn, I helped my teenage son make those mice.... - lizzy - 10:27pm on 12/06/10
- Organic chemistry? My sympathies to your son... ;o [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:13pm on 12/07/10
- I made 2 dozen of these creatures last night using chocolate covered cherries, dark and milk - AngAk - 6:06pm on 12/07/10
- The tails on mine are just the stems from the dipped cherry. Not sure whether - DawnNYS - 3:26am on 12/08/10