Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Wednesday Six.... or seven.... maybe eight or ten...
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #19586 at 6:52 am on Dec 16, 2010
Got 2 freezer and 2 fridge cookie doughs baked.
Make yet another batch of fudge because I ate (uh, TESTED) too much of the last batch.
Made and baked yet another batch of pistachio shortbread.
Assembled the last of my turtles.
Made a praline filling for yet another cookie and got those baked up.
Wrestled the chex mix from hubby so there would still be some left for gifts.
Had to bar hubby (and the dog) from the kitchen vicinity as one was eating the cookies as fast as I could bake and the other was watching pitifully.
Put together 5 gift baskets full of goodies.
Managed to get the kitchen cleaned and dishes washed and hardly any powdered sugar on the floor!
Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
Tara's Peanut Candy
Fudge (2 kinds)
Raspberry Swirl Cookies
Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Louisiana Pecan Balls
Walnut Shortbread Tassies
Lemon Cake (Ina Garten's - FABulous)
Traditional Chex Mix
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 19586. Wednesday Six.... or seven.... maybe eight or ten... - cheezz - 6:52am on 12/16/10 (19)
- Gayle_MO - your TDF Chocolate Buttercream Fudge beat out Cook's Illustrated's by a landslide!! - cheezz - 6:55am on 12/16/10
- I've had the pleasure of trying Gayle's Fudge, and I agree - it's amazingly silky smooth and creamy! [NT] - Meryl - 7:57am on 12/16/10
- Awwwww, thanks! It's a good recipe to begin with then I tweaked it...lol (of course) :) - GayleMO - 11:39pm on 12/16/10
- Ah, the pitiful watcher - colleenmomof2 - 12:17pm on 12/16/10
- Mine doesn't wait for the cooling stage - he's willing to risk the burns :) [NT] - cheezz - 3:44am on 12/17/10
- My husband stated that he sure would love some peanut brittle.... - GayleMO - 12:37am on 12/18/10
- Ah, what a good mom :) [NT] - cheezz - 6:27am on 12/18/10
- Thanks, Cheezz....but not too good. Didn't make cookies because I know I couldn't resist them! LOL - GayleMO - 4:21pm on 12/18/10
- That's ok, I'm a peanut brittle addict - you can send them to me... heehee [NT] - cheezz - 9:00pm on 12/18/10
- YOUR PHOTOS ARE KILLING ME!!!! OH, my goodness!!! I WANT COOKIES!! :) - GayleMO - 11:24pm on 12/18/10
- Repeat after me.... Christmas cookies do not contain calories :) [NT] - cheezz - 12:32am on 12/19/10
- Ha!! Cute! :) Wish I could believe you. Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!! ;) [NT] - GayleMO - 3:16am on 12/19/10
- REC: Raspberry Swirl Cookies (posted by GailNJ) [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:35pm on 12/19/10
- REC: Pistachio Shortbread (from King Arthur Flour) [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:39pm on 12/19/10
- REC: Tara's Peanut Candy [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:46pm on 12/19/10
- REC: Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies [LINK] [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:51pm on 12/19/10
- REC: Louisiana Pecan Balls (Sunset Magazine 2001) [IMAGE] - cheezz - 9:54pm on 12/19/10
- REC: Walnut Praline Shortbread (aka tassies) - from the L.A. Times Culinary SOS Column [LINK] [IMAGE] - cheezz - 10:01pm on 12/19/10
- REC: Lemon Cake by Ina Garten [LINK] [IMAGE] - cheezz - 10:09pm on 12/19/10