Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Spinach Jalapeno Dip from my to-try list: posted by Michelle in IL
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #19713 at 9:01 pm on Dec 30, 2010
You can serve this with tortilla chips.
SPINACH JALAPENO DIP WITH PITA CHIPS
1 T. chopped jalapenos
¾ c. chopped onions (cooked in microwave)
2 tomatoes, chopped about 2 cups
1 10oz pkg frozen spinach (cooked till dry)
8 oz cream cheese
2 c. monterey jack cheese (8oz)
1/3 c. milk
In medium bowl, mix all ingredients together and pour into buttered oven-proof dish. Bake at 400 degree oven 20-25 minutes.
2 t. lemon pepper
2 t. ground cumin
½ c. butter melted
6 pita bread loaves
In saucepan, stir pepper & cumin into melted butter.
Halve pita breads; with tip of knife, open up each half into 2 pieces. Cut pieces into triangle shapes. Dip into butter mixture **(Or brush butter on pita), and place on broiler pan. Broil until crisp.
posted by MichelleInIL - Finer Kitchens forum
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19713. Help! Going to friends' for dinner. They are serving black bean - Therese - 6:33pm on 12/30/10 (19)
- Some suggestions: [NT] - Meryl - 8:49pm on 12/30/10
- Food from Colombia and this part of S. America is not hot spicy - Melissa Dallas - 9:43pm on 12/30/10
- They're serving goat cheese grits - that's definitely not Columbian. [NT] - Meryl - 9:45pm on 12/30/10
- You're right! [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 9:51pm on 12/30/10
- REC: Green Chile Cheese Spread [LINK] - Meryl - 8:58pm on 12/30/10
- Original recipe and photo at: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 8:59pm on 12/30/10
- Spinach Jalapeno Dip from my to-try list: posted by Michelle in IL - Meryl - 9:01pm on 12/30/10
- Other suggestions: Cheese quesadillas, Stuffed Jalapenos, Layered Mexican Dip, Chipotle Lime Dip, - Meryl - 9:06pm on 12/30/10
- Thx! Great suggestions! [NT] - Therese - 9:49pm on 12/30/10
- this pumpkin flan looks really good. not sure if you have time though. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 10:06pm on 12/30/10
- You're welcome! Let us know what you end up making. [NT] - Meryl - 10:27pm on 12/30/10
- Sounds weird but this is delish: Alton Brown's Avocado Ice Cream - Traca - 5:57am on 12/31/10
- I've been meaning to make these: Pioneer Woman's Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 5:59am on 12/31/10
- We were licking the plates: Rick Bayless' Fire Roasted Salsa over Baked Goat Cheese [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 6:01am on 12/31/10
- I am SO making this. Thank you, Traca [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:15pm on 12/31/10
- That salsa is the best I've ever had. I couldn't believe *I* made it! [NT] - Traca - 4:12pm on 12/31/10
- Traca - could you post the link? Thank yoU! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:16pm on 12/31/10
- Oops! Got it. Added the link above. Thanks. [NT] - Traca - 4:10pm on 12/31/10
- Don't make them, Traca! You won't be able to stop eating them! So Good! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:42pm on 12/31/10