Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO ideas for blue cheese....
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #19810 at 2:02 am on Jan 20, 2011
Monday I missed the Fancy Food Show but made it back in town for Food Fete, somehow they gave me press credentials, guess I'd better write more. Anyway, Roth Käse out of Wisconsin gave me 12# of blue cheese!
They had two huge wheels of their Buttermilk Blue and Moody Blue (an applewood smoked cheese, swoon), that had barely 1/2" cut from the top. Gorgeous massive cheese. My pal Anna and I split them into 8ths and wrapped them for the freezer, it took us 45 minutes to put it up.
So what ideas do you have for these cheeses?
I love blue cheese dressing, and thought about a blue cheese souffle with a ribeye, and of course I have a plan to poach some pears and do a crostini. There's that chicken breast with butternut squash sauce that has blue cheese, and Merle's broiled tomatoes (but no tomatoes around here these days).
Any and all ideas welcomed!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 19810. ISO ideas for blue cheese.... - Heather_in_SF - 2:02am on 01/20/11 (33)
- Spinach Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce-love this and would be fine with blue [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 2:14am on 01/20/11
- REC: Fig & Walnut Pasta with Gorgonzola - judy-mass - 2:31am on 01/20/11
- Not T&T, but it looks great...REC: Polenta Gratin with Gorgonzola - judy-mass - 2:33am on 01/20/11
- Make some blue cheese dressing for buffalo wings and celery on the side. Shame on me!! [NT] - FloriSandy - 3:38am on 01/20/11
- REC: Arugula, Pear, Walnut & Bleu Cheese Salad - Steve2 in LA - 4:24am on 01/20/11
- REC: Fresh Fig, Blue Cheese and Fennel Pizza - Steve2 in LA - 4:31am on 01/20/11
- Ooh - I love both those cheeses - the Moody Blue is insane - I have some in the refrigerator right - Meryl - 4:41am on 01/20/11
- Penne with Tomatoes, Herbs and Blue Cheese - I do something similar to this - but I add mushrooms, [LINK] - Meryl - 4:49am on 01/20/11
- From my to-try list: Potato-Gorgonzola Gratin [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:52am on 01/20/11
- Another on my list: Buffalo Chicken Panini with Blue CHeese [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 4:55am on 01/20/11
- Simple and really yummy: Blue Cheese Fettuccine - desertjean - 7:22am on 01/20/11
- Love, love this REC: Cobb Pasta Toss [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:13pm on 01/20/11
- Rec: Cheddar Cheese Crackers (use your blue cheese), store logs of these in freezer for future use - Pat-NoCal - 2:40pm on 01/20/11
- Rec: Spinach Salad with Pear and Avocado [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 2:52pm on 01/20/11
- Rec: Blue Cheese Straws, TDF! [LINK] - Marianne - 3:05pm on 01/20/11
- Gotta try these - thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:42pm on 01/20/11
- Rec: Cauliflower and Cheese Soup - Pat-NoCal - 3:17pm on 01/20/11
- Rec: Yukon Gold Potato and Wild Mushroom Gratin with Blue Cheese [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:19pm on 01/20/11
- Romaine Wedges with Tangy Blue Cheese Vinaigrette. Delish. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:24pm on 01/20/11
- Chicken with Marsala, Mushrooms&Gorgonzola, Herbed Balsamic Chicken w/ Blue Cheese, Bacon-Topped - Curious1 - 3:48pm on 01/20/11
- Giada's Blue Cheese-stuffed Artichokes [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 4:23pm on 01/20/11
- Not a recipe, but I love blue cheese and mushroom paninis. [NT] - Carianna in WA - 4:29pm on 01/20/11
- Blue Cheese-stuffed Bacon Sliders with Pears and arugula [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 5:11pm on 01/20/11
- great suggestions. we should put this in Favorite Threads. [NT] - AngAk - 6:18pm on 01/20/11
- and this weight watchers pasta is quite nice from Dawn NY [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 6:21pm on 01/20/11
- Rec: Sylvia's Domain Chandon Cheese Spread. I pipe it on endive leaves and garnish with extra [LINK] - barb_b - 7:24pm on 01/20/11
- Broccoli Blue Cheese Bake - juliebug - 4:15pm on 01/21/11
- Wow, I am blown away by all of your excellent recipes!!! Thank you! now, where to start.... [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 7:44pm on 01/21/11
- I think your first step will be to buy more blue cheese. 12# ain't enough. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:55pm on 01/21/11
- Try home-made potato chips with blue cheese melted on top (Magnolia Grill) [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:10pm on 01/21/11
- AAAK! these sound terrific! I may have to do this tonight. - Heather_in_SF - 10:19pm on 01/24/11
- Allrightythen, since you're getting more blue cheese you must make [LINK] - orchid - 8:35pm on 01/21/11