Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My guests just left, and they were so impressed with my menu...a fruit plate with slices of
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #19866 at 4:56 pm on Jan 29, 2011
cantalope, pineapple and peeled mineolas; fresh orange juice, coffee, and toasted and buttered strawberry bread. They ate everything! Thanks, Joe, this was a winner.
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 19866. ISO Menu idea for Saturday mid-morning? Friends are coming for a short visit mid-morning tomorrow, - Marianne - 2:43pm on 01/28/11 (14)
- I would keep it very simple since you only have a brief time. Maybe a nice plate of fruit [LINK] - Joe - 3:29pm on 01/28/11
- I agree with Joe. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:40pm on 01/28/11
- the Lake Country Pear and Walnut Cake is great to have on hand. no icing needed. fast.freezes well [LINK] - AngAk - 6:02pm on 01/28/11
- How about some scrambled eggs with toast and sausage or bacon? - FloriSandy - 2:37am on 01/29/11
- I think the eggs and sausage.bacon might be a bit heavy, as I assume they will have had breakfast - Marianne - 2:44am on 01/29/11
- Gotcha'. I never heard of strawberry bread. Sounds delicious! Have fun tomorrow [NT] - FloriSandy - 2:52am on 01/29/11
- Here's a link to the recipe I posted a while back. It is a quick bread, like a banana nut bread, [LINK] - Marianne - 4:44am on 01/29/11
- this is a fabulous strawberry nut bread from prepared pantry. - elaine - 1:22pm on 01/29/11
- Thank you, I think Joe's suggestions are great! I baked a strawberry bread and bought some fruit, - Marianne - 2:40am on 01/29/11
- Yum, I'd eat strawberry bread whether or not I was hungry. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:56pm on 01/29/11
- My guests just left, and they were so impressed with my menu...a fruit plate with slices of - Marianne - 4:56pm on 01/29/11
- So glad it went well! How nice of you to make them feel special and how nice of them to swing by on - barb_b - 4:59pm on 01/29/11
- You're very welcome. A fruit platter is so nice I wonder why we don't think of it more often - Joe - 9:33pm on 01/29/11
- My mom keeps a bowl of cut up fruit on hand at all times. It's so nice to have on hand. [NT] - Traca - 12:03am on 01/30/11