Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
I wonder how they'd be dipped in dark chocolate, like the orange ones?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #20018 at 2:19 am on Feb 20, 2011
Somebody has a candied orange biscotti recipe here. Was it AGM?
Might be nice on a baby green, slightly bitter salad, with a lemon vinaigrette...
Or nibbled with some afternoon tea...
Other messages in this thread:
- 20018. I seem to have made a pound and a half of candied lemon peel. It's some beautiful stuff but frankly - Steve2 in LA - 11:34pm on 02/19/11 (28)
- Use it as garnish for creme brulee or lemon creme brulee,lemon custard, vanilla custard, cheesecake, - Meryl - 1:45am on 02/20/11
- I'd use it in scones or a pound cake. [NT] - Traca - 2:13am on 02/20/11
- Yes! scones and pound cake...yum yum. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:01am on 02/20/11
- I wonder how they'd be dipped in dark chocolate, like the orange ones? - Sandi in Hawaii - 2:19am on 02/20/11
- I had some chocolate covered lemon peel a while ago and it tasted suprisingly similar. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 12:45am on 02/21/11
- Now I crave a blueberry muffin with candied lemon peel. Will you post your recipe for the - CynUpstateNY - 7:17am on 02/20/11
- Cyn, I posted it below at number 13. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 12:40am on 02/21/11
- Thanks, Steve! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 6:15am on 02/21/11
- Scones!!! Served with your homemade jam. Heavenly! Check out these Sour Lemon Scones from Baked: [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:39am on 02/20/11
- Same recipe here but cut into wedges vs drop scones. I want one right now!! with my java. ;-) [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:44am on 02/20/11
- Add some to this dried cranberry, walnut and lemon scone recipe, in lieu of the lemon zest. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 8:50am on 02/20/11
- Dip in dark chocolate and package beautifully as a hostess gift. Or Larder Barter. ;-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:59am on 02/20/11
- Would be lovely added to these Lemon Madeleines - Pat-NoCal - 9:07am on 02/20/11
- And another madeleine recipe I've made a few times. You could easily swap [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 9:11am on 02/20/11
- Made this Chocolate Ganache Tart with Lots of Lemon in Patisserie class - Pat-NoCal - 9:16am on 02/20/11
- Lemon Ice Cream with Candied Lemon Peel [NT] [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 10:08am on 02/20/11
- You could adapt this ricotta cheesecake, which uses orange peel... [LINK] - Joe - 11:19am on 02/20/11
- Use in Cinnamon rolls, German Apple Pancakes, your favorite ham glaze, - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:42am on 02/20/11
- I remember being served a spicy cake with pieces of candied lemon peel in it once. - EvaN - 12:18pm on 02/20/11
- Just a question: how many lemons do you use to get that much candied lemon peel - EvaN - 12:20pm on 02/20/11
- I used about 16 lemons (we have a tree & I'd juiced them earlier) froze the juice in ice-cube trays - Steve2 in LA - 6:32pm on 02/20/11
- Steve2, this is great. It looks easy enough for me to want to try it - EvaN - 4:07am on 02/21/11
- One thing to note: I spent quite a bit of time with a boning knife, slicing off all the pitch after - Steve2 in LA - 4:21pm on 02/21/11
- that should be "pith". What the . . . ? [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 4:21pm on 02/21/11
- Okay, I have a question about the pith. Are you supposed to remove it all?? - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:00pm on 02/21/11
- Ideally, the more you remove, the better it will be. I took it down to the skin which is much easier - Steve2 in LA - 10:36pm on 02/21/11
- By the way, thanks all. Scones and Cranberry-Lemon Peel-Cardamom Bread for sure. Film at 11! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 1:36am on 02/21/11
- I like lemon in my banana bread. try it. [NT] - AngAk - 12:41pm on 02/21/11