Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Michael and Carianna . . .
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #20107 at 2:26 am on Mar 5, 2011
Thanks for the kudos on the Dallas Cowboy Bean Soup . . . I am sure that my Dad would be thrilled to hear you like it. Not that he made it up, but it was one of his signature weekend dishes!
It's a very forgiving recipe, adapatable to a myriad of changes, I am sure. And, as the recipe says, it does get better, with deeper flavors day by day.
I haven't made it yet this year. Waiting for the opportune time which now that winter is winding down should be soon! So far this winter I have made a new soup recipe each week. So have been keepers and some duds. I've made Lentil, cabbage, pea, roasted tomato, mushroom, black bean (total dud - turns out I can't tolerate cumin which was the primary spice), and roasted potato and leek. The tomato, mushroom, and potato soups were total gems. Every day I would finish lunch and practically swoon. Maybe it's time to Dad's soup!
Thanks for the feedback.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20107. ISO: magnolia in Chicago, I made a pot of your Dad's Dallas Cowboy Bean Soup (recipe inside). - Michael in Phoenix - 12:13am on 03/04/11 (7)
- I'm trying to imagine 2 cups of celery and ketchup. Does it taste kinda like baked beans? [NT] - Traca - 6:25am on 03/04/11
- I made it a couple of weeks ago and it was tasty. It doesn't taste anything like baked beans. - Carianna in WA - 1:55pm on 03/04/11
- It is slightly sweet, but not like baked beans. The 2 cups of celery disappear into... - Michael in Phoenix - 2:52pm on 03/04/11
- Michael, you did a much better job of following the directions than I did! - Carianna in WA - 3:34pm on 03/04/11
- I left the onions and carrots in a medium dice. The celery, garlic and green pepper... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:55pm on 03/04/11
- Michael and Carianna . . . - magnoliainchicago - 2:26am on 03/05/11
- Magnolia, can you share your favorite soup discovery recipes? Tomato, mushroom & potato? [NT] - Traca - 6:20pm on 03/06/11