Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It's not confrontational to send a polite email with the two pictures expressing disappointment...
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #20120 at 8:48 pm on Mar 6, 2011
It's better than sounding off on the spot and spoiling the mood, and would probably be better received.
They should want to know how far off their presentation is from what they show on the website. You'd be doing them a favor.
Since you don't sound too excited about returning there, you don't need to ask for anything in return.
Just my two cents.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20120. When restaurants do produce what they advertise. - Michael in Sarasota - 11:06pm on 03/05/11 (25)
- OMG! Did you get your money back? They should have comped the meal!! - PatBastrop - 11:32pm on 03/05/11
- WOW! What a difference... I agree with Pat. Truth in advertising should still count for something! [NT] - cheezz - 11:38pm on 03/05/11
- What a rip off! [NT] - Sylvia - 12:49am on 03/06/11
- Amen sister. I've thrown away stuff that looked better than that. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:19am on 03/07/11
- That's certainly not stacked up to what it's supposed to be and someone did not pay attention to - FloriSandy - 1:19am on 03/06/11
- I know what happened...it's easy. Someone called in sick, the dish - orchid - 1:44am on 03/06/11
- I think Orchid has hit it on the head. But do let the management know. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:36am on 03/09/11
- I could not agree with you more Michael - that deserves a refund - Music City Missy - 2:53am on 03/06/11
- OMG, you really had me laughing out loud!!! - Sandi in Hawaii - 3:50am on 03/06/11
- definitely, "Cake Wrecks"!! [NT] - PatBastrop - 4:04am on 03/07/11
- I am at a loss for words! I am hoping you are writing to the management. That is a disgrace!! - barb_b - 3:34pm on 03/06/11
- I agree. I think you should link them to your post. [NT] - Joe - 3:46pm on 03/06/11
- Okay, Curious is curious as to which restaurant it was. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:46pm on 03/06/11
- I'm not a confrontational guy and this was a birthday dinner. There were some good... [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 7:05pm on 03/06/11
- It's not confrontational to send a polite email with the two pictures expressing disappointment... - Joe - 8:48pm on 03/06/11
- I agree, a very diplomatic way of handling this. - deb-in-MI - 10:21pm on 03/06/11
- I told our waiter that the scallops were very salty and gritty. He said ... - Michael in Sarasota - 12:17am on 03/07/11
- He would let the kitchen know?--That chef(?) should have bounded out to your table with an le - charlie - 1:51am on 03/07/11
- Michael - have you been to Javier's near Turtle Beach... - deb-in-MI - 10:19pm on 03/06/11
- Paisanos Italian Bakery is on my list to try! I have not been to Javier's yet. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 12:19am on 03/07/11
- Ah, so you claim to be a "nonconfrontational guy" yet you apologize TWICE for eating one of my - FloriSandy - 3:19am on 03/07/11
- Here ya go Michael, just in case the restaurant manager doesn't respond kindly... [NT] [LINK] - FloriSandy - 3:34am on 03/07/11
- and on YELP.com -- I always post whether good or bad. A good experience deserves kudos [NT] - cheezz - 9:29pm on 03/07/11
- Seriously, it does look like a decomposing frog!! Great description, Pat. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 3:14am on 03/07/11
- I am so sorry for you! To spend a decent amount of money on a special dinner and then get served.. - Barbara in VA - 5:40pm on 03/07/11