Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Serve with Charlie's posted rec: ountry Mustard-Shallot Sauce With Thyme
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #20229 at 4:53 pm on Mar 21, 2011
REC: Country Mustard-Shallot Sauce With Thyme for Pork Loin...
Posted: Oct 14, 2003 6:38 PM
Country Mustard-Shallot Sauce with Thyme for Pork Loin Recipe By :America's Test Kitchen
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 medium shallots -- minced
3/4 cup dry white wine -- or dry vermouth
1 cup chicken stock -- or low-sodium canned broth
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme -- or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
1/4 cup grainy mustard
Heat butter in medium skillet over medium- high heat until foam subsides. Add shallots; saute until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add wine; boil until nearly evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes. Add stock and thyme; boil until reduced by one-third, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in mustard.
Serve immediately. NOTES : Start making the sauce as soon as the roast comes out of the oven for the second time. Use a grainy, or country-style, mustard in this recipe. For extra body and richness, swirl another tablespoon or two of softened butter into the finished sauce
Other messages in this thread:
- 20229. Could not locate Bubba's recipe but found some lost treasures on Gails [NT] - barb_b - 4:50pm on 03/21/11 (5)
- Rec from Charlie: Garlic Studded Roast Pork Loin from ATK - barb_b - 4:51pm on 03/21/11
- Serve with Charlie's posted rec: ountry Mustard-Shallot Sauce With Thyme - barb_b - 4:53pm on 03/21/11
- Rec: From Pat: Pork Medallions with Olive - Caper Sauce - barb_b - 4:55pm on 03/21/11
- Serve with Rec from Pat: Asparagus with Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette - barb_b - 4:56pm on 03/21/11
- Rec from Charlie Roast Pork David Rosengarten (flavorful brine and low cook) - barb_b - 4:58pm on 03/21/11