Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Family Curried Beef Pot Pie (Really excellent for leftover roast beef.)
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #20252 at 11:36 am on Mar 24, 2011
Family Curried Beef Pot Pie PARADE | October 2007
by Sheila Lukins
Cooking the curry powder with the vegetables mellows its flavor.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons curry powder
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup diced (1 inch) carrots
1 cup diced (1/2 inch) peeled potatoes
3 cups beef broth
2 cinnamon sticks, 3 inches long
2 tablespoons chopped mango chutney
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 cups diced (1/2 inch) leftover roast beef
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1. Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot over low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, 8 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and flour; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, potatoes, broth and cinnamon sticks; simmer, partially covered, 20 minutes. Add the chutney, raisins, peas, tomato, parsley, beef, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes more.
3. Place the mixture in a 1 1/2-quart, round, ovenproof casserole dish. On a floured surface, roll the pastry into a circle 2 inches larger than the dish. Brush the dish rim with some of the egg ; cover with pastry, crimping the edges around the rim. Cut 3 slits in the top and brush with remaining egg. Bake in a 350°F oven until golden, 40 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 540 calories, 45 g carbohydrate, 23 g protein, 30 g fat, 75 mg cholesterol
Nutritional analysis provided by PARADE
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/printerfriendly/Family-Curried-Beef-Pot-Pie-240787#ixzz1HW32Fbr6
Other messages in this thread:
- 20252. Family Curried Beef Pot Pie (Really excellent for leftover roast beef.) - Sylvia - 11:36am on 03/24/11 (2)
- That looks real tasty. I love curry. I try not to make it too spicy. [NT] - BobbiJoAZ - 6:15pm on 03/24/11
- I have some leftover beef roast in the freezer that can now be put to good use - thank you! (nt) [NT] - Debbie in GA - 1:11pm on 03/25/11