Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Mario Batali's Soft Polenta with Asparagus, Prosciutto, Garlic and Spring Onions
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #20264 at 5:50 am on Mar 25, 2011
Soft Polenta with Asparagus, Prosciutto, Garlic and Spring Onions
By Mario Batali, GOOP exclusive recipe
5 cups water
1 pound asparagus, jumbo
1 cup polenta, quick cooking
1 cup mascarpone cheese
4 tablespoons butter plus 2 tablespoons
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
3 slices prosciutto, cut into julienne
12 spring onions, cleaned and root ends removed
juice and zest of 1 lemon
Set up an ice bath.
Place 5 cups water in a 4-quart saucepan and bring to a boil. Trim asparagus, drop into water and cook until tender, about one and a half minutes. Remove and refresh in ice bath.
Return the same water to boil and, whisking constantly, pour polenta in a thin stream until all is incorporated. Remove whisk and stir with wooden spoon until as thick and dense as cream of wheat and remove from heat. Fold in mascarpone and let stand covered in a warm spot.
In a 12- to 14-inch sauté pan, heat 4 tablespoons butter until foaming over medium heat. Add garlic, prosciutto and spring onions and sauté until onions are wilted. Add asparagus, lemon juice and zest and let sizzle. Add remaining butter, shake pan to emulsify and season with salt. Divide polenta among 4 bowls, top each with asparagus-spring onion mixture and serve immediately.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 20264. Mario Batali's Soft Polenta with Asparagus, Prosciutto, Garlic and Spring Onions - Traca - 5:50am on 03/25/11 (8)
- That sounds wonderful. What's an ice bath? [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:17pm on 03/25/11
- A bowl with water and ice in it. Once you blanch the asparagus, throw it in the ice bath. It does 2 - Traca - 2:25pm on 03/25/11
- Ah. I knew it stopped the cooking, but never knew how much ice to use. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:42pm on 03/25/11
- This sounds soo good. On my list to try soonest. Thanks for posting [NT] - elaine - 4:37pm on 03/25/11
- wow. this might be our side tonight with our salmon. thanks! [NT] - AngAk - 6:07pm on 03/25/11
- we made this. some notes - AngAk - 6:31am on 03/28/11
- Thanks Ang. Did you add the garlic & onions? Chicken stock & parm would be great additions! [NT] - Traca - 6:40am on 03/28/11
- Yes. we added the onions,garlic,proscuitto etc, just like the recipe stated, but it just wasn't - AngAk - 5:25pm on 03/28/11