Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I treid to reply to this post yesterday but my computer didn't cooperate...anyways
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #20611 at 2:22 pm on Oct 5, 2011
I love pesto and could probably eat it with a spoon (never triedf that tho... ;-)
I use pesto all the time:
1) I add a spoon of pesto in veget6able soups as a 'finish'.
2) I mix pesto with sour cream and use it as a dip.
3) I mix pesto with cottage chese and use it as a spread.
4) I decorate the main cours plate with dot's of pesto when i have guests over for dinner.
5) I use pesto as a sauce for baked white fish.
6) I use pesto as a spread when i make sanwich wraps.
This post have raised my craving for pesto now :-D
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 20611. Uses for pesto? I made some and have found out no one here is - DawnNYS - 1:30pm on 10/03/11 (26)
- I like traditional pesto, but no one else here does. Sometimes I make a small... - Michael in Phoenix - 1:53pm on 10/03/11
- Dawn, Here are 50 suggestions from Food Network.... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 2:23pm on 10/03/11
- I love pesto! Here are some things I have done: - barb_b - 2:53pm on 10/03/11
- I spread it on toast and then top w/ turkey and Swiss. - ErininNY - 4:43pm on 10/03/11
- Wow, all these ideas are nice, but I especially the puff pastry one. And the ones tossed - DawnNYS - 7:23pm on 10/03/11
- It's great added to soup. [NT] - Meryl - 4:03pm on 10/03/11
- Here is a simple salad I make using pesto, Dawn - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:25pm on 10/03/11
- My favorite appetizer Layered Cheese and Pesto Torte - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:31pm on 10/03/11
- And I discovered something about pesto not long ago - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:35pm on 10/03/11
- Makes a great salad dressing too thined down with a little vinegar, Esp, on cold roasted veggies! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:14pm on 10/04/11
- I've got a similar one.... [LINK] - SallyBR - 7:59pm on 10/03/11
- In our quest to eat more fish, I tried spreading it on cod and halibut before baking. That became - Marg CDN2 - 7:10pm on 10/03/11
- Hi Marg... I'd have sent you some about a month ago, but the only leaves - DawnNYS - 7:21pm on 10/03/11
- By November I'll be wishing I were in California. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 7:43pm on 10/03/11
- Whoops, first mistake already. That wasn't meant to go. - Marg CDN2 - 7:46pm on 10/03/11
- Palm trees in Canada? Never knew that... hmm, *must* be mild there! [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:06am on 10/04/11
- Marg, we must be neighbours- RU on lower mainland or the island? (NT) [NT] - Cath in V - 4:12am on 10/14/11
- [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 6:01am on 10/14/11
- I was born and raised in Nanaimo -was just there on the w/end visiting my Mom (nt). [NT] - Cath in V - 3:07am on 10/18/11
- Hey, Marg is back!! Great to see you! Was a tiny bit worried. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 9:58pm on 10/03/11
- Dover Sole and Pesto... - Richard in Cincy - 11:51pm on 10/03/11
- Try using it as a sauce for pizza, topped with thinly slices Roma tomatoes - Joe - 1:15am on 10/04/11
- Mix it with mayo/sour cream/cream cheese, then stir into pasta. Delish! - Traca - 2:45am on 10/04/11
- Resto I used to work at used it as a spread on sandwiches. This was my favorite: - Traca - 2:47am on 10/04/11
- Add a little cream making it a creamy pesto pasta, softens the 'bite' of pesto which some - Pat-NoCal - 3:12pm on 10/04/11
- I treid to reply to this post yesterday but my computer didn't cooperate...anyways - EvaN - 2:22pm on 10/05/11