Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
honestly, I need to gush again about how tasty this dish is. it is stellar.
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Posted to Thread #20607 at 1:21 am on Oct 6, 2011
and a great do-ahead dish. we didn't even need a starch with dinner---just added some fresh green beans to the plate. and, I don't even think the frying first is necessary since the whole dish is baked and it all gets soft anyway. perhaps I'll do a quick broil w/o flour next time on just one side for a bit of brown to the eggplant. I used some shredded mixed cheese. it was good, but not necessary. I think the onions were needed.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20607. Mark Bittman's Dinner Party Matrix - 48 recipes--drinks--starters--mains--dessert [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 8:22pm on 10/02/11 (5)
- Traca, the Baked Eggplant Curry was just about the best eggplant dish ever, and I don't like curry - AngAk1 - 6:57pm on 10/05/11
- Sounds good, Ang, and I like your added onions and cheese. What type of cheese did you use? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 7:05pm on 10/05/11
- YAY! Thanks for the feedback Ang. I can't wait to try it! [NT] - Traca - 12:42am on 10/06/11
- honestly, I need to gush again about how tasty this dish is. it is stellar. - AngAk1 - 1:21am on 10/06/11
- Ooh, you just might redeem Mark Bittman in my eyes. [NT] - Traca - 12:52am on 10/07/11