Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No - I think the streusal makes it. After it set for a day I found that
Joined: Sep 23, 2007
Posted to Thread #20628 at 2:06 pm on Oct 6, 2011
the steusal was a bit too salty. You add quite a bit to it and I think next time I would reduce it. On the day of baking it didn't appear too salty because the streusel was crunchy, but the next day it tasted more salty to me.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20628. Spiced Upside Down Apple Bundt Cake - made this yesterday - lorijean - 2:33pm on 10/05/11 (9)
- OMG lorijean you read my mind! I have been searching for an upside down - Barbara in VA - 4:12pm on 10/05/11
- My, oh my, does this ever sound delicious! Thanks so much for posting.... [NT] - wigs - 5:27pm on 10/05/11
- lorijean, I have made this David Guas recipe and it is wonderful and I love - GayR - 5:34pm on 10/05/11
- Found a video from The Today show of David Guas making the cake and the finished product ...... [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 9:09pm on 10/05/11
- I had a hard time picturing streusel on an upside down cake----now I know. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:24pm on 10/05/11
- Sounds wonderful! Lorijean - would it be fabulous still without the streusal? - deb-in-MI - 6:46pm on 10/05/11
- No - I think the streusal makes it. After it set for a day I found that - lorijean - 2:06pm on 10/06/11
- YUM! Sounds fabulous! I'd like to make these into cupcakes [NT] - cheezz - 7:19pm on 10/05/11
- I'm trying to stop looking at this recipe. So is my left hip. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 12:12am on 10/08/11