Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Uses for pork fat? I cooked up a 2# pork tbone last night from 4505 Meats
Joined: Dec 21, 2005
Posted to Thread #20699 at 4:39 pm on Oct 17, 2011
and it was quite the massive thing, Flintstones style!
I really like this method of slow cooking at 275F then searing briefly then resting. It was perfectly cooked throughout and it was about 3" thick at the widest part.
But all that fat, I cut it off the chop and rendered it in the pan I used to sear it, ended up with a full cup of pork fat.
Now what, besides potatoes?
"Well-behaved women rarely make history."
Other messages in this thread:
- 20699. Uses for pork fat? I cooked up a 2# pork tbone last night from 4505 Meats - Heather_in_SF - 4:39pm on 10/17/11 (6)
- Vegetables (any kind of greens, kale, spinach, cabbage) enjoy a good saute in pork fat as do beans, - Steve2 in LA - 7:21pm on 10/17/11
- Onions and sauerkraut. Roastie potatoes. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 8:38pm on 10/17/11
- Oh lardy, a lean man with a good recipe! Pork, Red Pepper & Shiitake Mushrooms Stir-fried with Lard [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 4:35am on 10/18/11
- Oh thank you! I know it's a silly question to ask and I appreciate your ideas - Heather_in_SF - 6:00pm on 10/18/11
- Mmm, pastry with lard is a real treat. Surprisingly delicate, flaky and tasty. It would be equally - Steve2 in LA - 9:07pm on 10/18/11
- Yes, and I just remembered making Scotch Pies a few years ago using Granny Black's recipe [LINK] - FloriSandy - 9:13pm on 10/18/11