Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO TG Corn Pudding advice -- can it sit or be reheated? Help...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #20957 at 1:21 am on Nov 20, 2011
So someone mentioned Ina's corn pudding doesn't reheat well and I'm wondering if I can still make some sort of corn pudding or not. (Can you tell I'm sorta craving it?)
I need to arrive dish in hand at no later than 2pm and we eat more like 6pm. So typically things get reheated or baked off after the bird comes out. (It's one oven with many things so I can't water bath there.)
So after the mention of Ina's maybe not working I dug around for Mom's recipe. I found 2, one with pimentos (I don't ever recall eating that) that was baked and one without which sounds more like what we ate. However that one is a water bath too.
It's been so long I don't recall making this ever, but I know Mom and I took corn pudding to TG back in the day. I can't ask her as her memory isn't what it was.
How reheatable is corn pudding and how would you do it? Micro? Oven? Make something else and give up on making corn pudding?
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 20957. ISO TG Corn Pudding advice -- can it sit or be reheated? Help... - MariaDNoCA - 1:21am on 11/20/11 (9)
- Advice - Music City Missy - 4:04am on 11/20/11
- thanks for this advice Missy, I needed it too. This damn Yankee was - Janet in NC - 2:41pm on 11/20/11
- I do have a thermal bag but are we talking corn pudding or casserole? (Need pudding advice) - MariaDNoCA - 4:34pm on 11/20/11
- You are right in that it isn't the same [NT] - Music City Missy - 5:54pm on 11/20/11
- The PD recipe is definitely denser than corn pudding, more like casserole. [NT] - MoNJ - 1:57pm on 11/21/11
- T&T REC: Corn Pudding. The best! Leftovers re-heated beautifully - Marianne - 7:10pm on 11/20/11
- aw sweetie, anything with 1.5 C of heavy cream is going to be good. You could have - MarilynFL - 2:35pm on 11/21/11