Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I definitely agree. A foodie friend and I are currently debating whether there is more pleasure in
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #20950 at 5:35 am on Nov 21, 2011
the creation or the eating. I think both of us are leaning toward the prep. Perhaps they are two different realms of enjoyment, one the creative pleasure and the other the indulgent.
But when we consume what others have created, there is no less enjoyment than if we had prepared it ourselves. But can't we forgive ourselves for dissecting and being critical of the food we eat?
And then there's the question: Is it okay to be critical of the food we have prepared ourselves? Our guests scorn if we have any negative comments about what we create ourselves but I am always reluctant to swoon publicly over something I've made myself. Can't we be equally critical in both directions, regardless of who made it?
I think what I'm learning is that I just have to hold my comments on my own food, at least until the end of the meal.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20950. Humans vs foodies - EvaN - 9:38am on 11/19/11 (12)
- In all seriousness, many people just don't taste what we taste when we gobble up... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:46pm on 11/19/11
- Sense of smell... - DawnNYS - 4:03pm on 11/19/11
- There's more to being a foodie than "taste" . . . - magnoliainchicago - 2:54pm on 11/20/11
- I'm with you magnolia, (except for the shopping, which I hate) I love the process... - Joe - 5:24pm on 11/20/11
- I wish I didn't love the shopping. But I do, which means a weaning of the pantry for the food bank. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:44am on 11/21/11
- I also dislike the shopping part. Luckily, my husband does that for me. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:03pm on 11/21/11
- I volunteer to be your personal shoppers! [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:27pm on 11/21/11
- I definitely agree. A foodie friend and I are currently debating whether there is more pleasure in - Marg CDN2 - 5:35am on 11/21/11
- I like searching for recipes & planning 10x more than actually doing. - Traca - 6:18am on 11/22/11
- I like the planning too. - cyalexa - 1:34pm on 11/22/11
- Me too! Dinner tonight = appetizers I've had my eye on. :) [NT] - Traca - 9:30pm on 11/22/11
- Lol and yes...agreed...and it all gives me pleasure to eat and prep and eat my own and others food. - Lucegoosejoanie - 11:59pm on 11/29/11