Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I use my alien egg ships...
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #21195 at 1:57 am on Dec 15, 2011
I coat the ships with a bit of olive oil before submerging into gently rolling boiled water with vinegar.
I still have to soak and clean the ships with my nylon Dobie afterwards, but the eggs are kept intact.
Check out the big discussion above and below my post concerning the same question.
Link: Alien Egg Ships Have Landed!
Other messages in this thread:
- 21195. Poached egg conumdrum... - SallyBR - 10:13pm on 12/14/11 (26)
- Yep, here's the trick: [LINK] - Traca - 10:51pm on 12/14/11
- Oh, I am trying that tomorrow for my lunch! - SallyBR - 11:39pm on 12/14/11
- Well now, isn't that a lovely poached egg. It is fine if you only want to do one egg - KarenNoCA - 12:42am on 12/15/11
- The chef I used to work with did multiple eggs. Unlike the video, he didn't - Traca - 6:38am on 12/15/11
- Jeeze, I have poached eggs regularly. . . - mistral - 1:27am on 12/15/11
- Great info all, I am now off to have poached egg for breakfast.NT [NT] - elaine - 5:09am on 12/15/11
- oh mistral, we are twins separated at birth! I HATE when toast gets soggy from moisture. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:11pm on 12/15/11
- in a coffee cup, in the microwave [LINK] - cyalexa - 1:41am on 12/15/11
- I tried the microwave version today. It works! - Traca - 10:10pm on 12/15/11
- Me too! Me too! Me too! - SallyBR - 2:22am on 12/16/11
- if you give the microwave viagra - cyalexa - 4:34pm on 12/16/11
- LOL [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:11pm on 12/16/11
- Unless it's the dork model. [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:41pm on 12/16/11
- My smile for the evening! : ) LOL You guys make me LOL [NT] - barb_b - 10:55pm on 12/16/11
- hope you are feeling better - cyalexa - 4:32pm on 12/16/11
- I use my alien egg ships... [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 1:57am on 12/15/11
- My water is at a slow boil when I crack the eggs in, so the eggs don't quite touch bottom - Joe - 2:01am on 12/15/11
- I have an old single egg poacher that belonged to my Aunt Helen. It [NT] - Janet in NC - 12:43pm on 12/15/11
- sorry, to fast..... - Janet in NC - 12:46pm on 12/15/11
- what a special kitchen tool. thanks for sharing [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:58pm on 12/15/11
- It's probably at least 50 years old but probably not too hard to find in thrift - Janet in NC - 8:52pm on 12/15/11
- Wrapping eggs up in plastic wrap - Pam - 4:55pm on 12/15/11
- I may try this sometime. Traca's method, too. I hate poaching eggs but love them if not too runny. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:43pm on 12/15/11
- Clever idea! [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:07pm on 12/15/11
- Make sure you use SaranWrap brand plastic wrap. Other brands melt (yes, I've done it) - Traca - 10:05pm on 12/15/11
- I just made some today for brunch - DawnNYS - 9:05pm on 12/15/11