Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Naples||
I've made this every year since the 1970's. REC: Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
Posted to Thread #21211 at 1:33 pm on Dec 17, 2011
The Dove presentation looks lovely!
I first tasted this at my Aunt Mary's on Christmas Eve.
Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
9 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
9 ounces butterscotch chips
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 cup walnuts -- chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a double boiler, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt. Remove from hear; stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into wax paper-lineed 8- or 9-inch square pan.
Chill 2 hours or until firm.
Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store loosley covered at room temp.
MICROWAVE: In 1-quart glass measure, combine chips with sweetened condensed milk. Cook on 100% power (high) 3 minutes. Stir until chips melt and mixture is smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Proceed as above.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 4281 Calories; 191g Fat (37.7% calories from fat); 73g Protein; 638g Carbohydrate; 21g Dietary Fiber; 158mg Cholesterol; 643mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 36 1/2 Fat; 41 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : Mary Farmer spoons the mixture into a foil lined 9-inch pie plate. Decorate with green and red candied cherries. Or omit nuts then top wreath with half walnuts or peacans.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21211. Help with potluck ideas for tomorrow? Small group - no assignment made... - MariaDNoCA - 4:51pm on 12/16/11 (14)
- How about Richard's sesame noodles posted the other day? [NT] - Janet in NC - 5:41pm on 12/16/11
- This is a great pot luck REC and it is easy to keep hot [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:46pm on 12/16/11
- This looks just awesome. On my list. [NT] - elaine - 5:35am on 12/17/11
- We enjoy Pat's rec's for Crostini Piccanti and Acquasale. I have not made it in a while, but I was [LINK] - barb_b - 8:50pm on 12/16/11
- This is once again on my list to try this year. Rec: Fabulous Fudge Wreath [LINK] - barb_b - 8:57pm on 12/16/11
- Not to be dumb, but I wonder if Nestles semi-sweet morsels could be - DawnNYS - 9:30pm on 12/16/11
- I am sure they could. I think RR rec used chocolate chips. [NT] - barb_b - 9:35pm on 12/16/11
- I've made this every year since the 1970's. REC: Foolproof Dark Chocolate Fudge - Michael in Sarasota - 1:33pm on 12/17/11
- I make the Rachel Ray recipe every year for the guards at the gates on base. it fits nicely in [LINK] - AngAk1 - 10:41pm on 12/16/11
- I'm not overly fond of butterscotch chips and left them out once, but they really do add a creamy - AngAk1 - 10:43pm on 12/16/11
- I think over the years sometime they have changed the butterscotch chips - Melissa Dallas - 1:12am on 12/17/11
- Motherís 5 lb Fudge - Earnie - 10:47pm on 12/17/11
- How about another pie? Sounds like you make good ones! Or also... - DawnNYS - 9:34pm on 12/16/11
- These all look wonderful - thanks! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:06am on 12/17/11