Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sorry about the Percent sign. I want to use the Scharffenberger bar and
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #21242 at 6:42 pm on Dec 20, 2011
am looking at a recipe for Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies. Can I chop the bar and use it in the cookies instead of choc. chips or is that not a good idea? If it would work, do you have any tips for chopping the bar? Are chips compltely different from the bar? Any recipes that might work better? Thanks for any help. Here's the recipe, if it matters.
* Exported for MasterCook 4 by Living Cookbook *
Chocolate Chip-Macadamia Nut Cookies
Recipe By : Honorable Mention: Jill Ringer, New York, New York
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time:
Categories : Dessert Nuts
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 1/4 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (1/2 tsp if using unsalted nuts)
1 cup (2 sticks)unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup (firmly packed)dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Lightly grease large baking sheets.
3. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; in another bowl, mix
butter and sugars. With mixer at high speed, beat butter mixture until
blended and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition. Beat in vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in
chocolate and nuts.
4. Roll 2 tablespoons dough into ball; place on baking sheet; repeat with
remaining dough, spacing balls 2 inches apart. Flatten balls slightly; bake
20 to 25 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
5. Cool cookies on baking sheets on racks 5 minutes; with spatula, remove
cookies to racks. Cool completely.
Comments: My mom and I are total chocolate freaks, and we're really fussy
about the kind we eat. These cookies are our all-time favorites. My brother
makes fun of us for being so picky. He just doesn't understand really,
really loving chocolate.
Recipe Author: Honorable Mention: Jill Ringer, New York, New York
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other messages in this thread:
- 21242. Sorry about the Percent sign. I want to use the Scharffenberger bar and - Curious1 - 6:42pm on 12/20/11 (5)
- Absolutely, I do that all the time. The chocolate will be a little more melty than the chips, since [LINK] - Meryl - 9:02pm on 12/20/11
- I also use block chocolate for chips. Taste is fabulous, but they will remain just - MarilynFL - 9:17pm on 12/20/11
- Thanks so much ladies, just what I wanted to know. Should I chill the chocolate prior to chopping? [NT] - Curious1 - 10:11pm on 12/20/11
- I never do. I don't like the idea of chilling chocolate. Just make sure your kitchen is a - Meryl - 10:56pm on 12/20/11
- Thanks, but I'll have to use the a/c. Weather is beautiful, different from last two years. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:04pm on 12/21/11