Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I don't know about "clearish," but I do a variation of Cook's Illustrated's Soy Ginger Sauce:
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #21248 at 4:10 am on Dec 21, 2011
SOY GINGER DIPPING SAUCE (For Dumplings or Pot Stickers)
"Serve this thin, salty sauce with dumplings or potstickers. "
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (I use about 2 Tbsp plus 1 - 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar, plus a little water)
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar (I omit it)
1/2 medium scallion, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot (I use 1 tsp)
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (I use 1 tsp)
1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (I use less or omit)
Bring soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and 1/4 cup water to boil in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Pour mixture into bowl and stir in scallion, ginger, oil, and hot red pepper flakes (Sauce can be refrigerated in air-tight container for several days).
Makes about one cup.
From Cook's Illustrated
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21248. ISO: A delicious (preferably clearish & not too hot or sweet) potsticker dipping sauce recipe - FloriSandy - 3:03am on 12/21/11 (5)
- I don't know about "clearish," but I do a variation of Cook's Illustrated's Soy Ginger Sauce: [LINK] - Meryl - 4:10am on 12/21/11
- This is eggsactly what I wanted Meryl and looks very similar to the one - FloriSandy - 11:01pm on 12/21/11
- Whoa - I made a mistake on how much vinegar I use. It's *2 Tbsp plus 1-1 1/2 tsp - I'll correct - Meryl - 11:07pm on 12/21/11
- Oooh yes. You're calling. I did chicken pot stickers for a Christmas Eve Party - Marg CDN2 - 4:38am on 12/21/11
- This looks very yummy Marg. Unfortunately, I would have to take a hike - FloriSandy - 10:46pm on 12/21/11