Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Pork and Ginger Pot Stickers (Part I). I AM a glutton for punishment!!!
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #21273 at 5:36 am on Dec 24, 2011
I started making these tonight at 5:30 pm. I finished making 31 at 10:15!! Iím wound upÖ (thank goodness thereís no Jack Daniels on handÖ)
I used Ming Tsaiís recipe and went to Wong Kai, a Chinese grocer, for the paper thin dumpling skins for these. I used Jadenís Hairís technique (see Image Link) and as you can see, hers are the thicker kind and look like store-bought goyzas which I could not find Ė only won ton skins that were square. I used her slurry mix and that helped to seal them.
I taste-tested a mini midget burger of one and itís delicious but a bit salty and I followed the directions to a tee for Mingís pot stickers. Iím so glad Meryl gave me her tweaks for the dipping sauce that uses less salt as I know she always does.
Still have most of the pork mix left to wrap and so I Saran-wrapped it for tomorrowís remaining work. The potstickers are getting a bit prettier with practice but, I PRAY that they donít break when steaming!!
Will make Merylís sauce tomorrow or Sunday morning.
The good news is that Iím going to fry up my first two duds along with a couple of skinny turkey sausages tonight. Beach tomorrow!!
Next year, quackers & cheese!!
Link: Ming Tsai's Pork and Ginger Pot Stickers
Other messages in this thread:
- 21273. Rec: Pork and Ginger Pot Stickers (Part I). I AM a glutton for punishment!!! [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 5:36am on 12/24/11 (7)
- Edited to say I doubled this recipe [NT] - FloriSandy - 5:46am on 12/24/11
- These look really good! You've got me thinking about a New Year's Eve dinner... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:13pm on 12/24/11
- You're welcome Michael. I loved my two duds that I fried up last night... - FloriSandy - 12:48am on 12/25/11
- You can use the left over filling in a recipe for chinese noodles. It's quite good! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:52pm on 12/25/11
- That's a great idea. Must make tomorrow night. BTW, my potstickers got raves at - FloriSandy - 12:50am on 12/26/11
- My friend Andrea Nguyen brings the prepared filling and skins to parties and - Traca - 8:46pm on 12/24/11
- I bet they have fun! Where are the elves when I need them most? [NT] - FloriSandy - 12:53am on 12/25/11