Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Made the pan fried pork and shrimp potstickers at steamy kitchen - YUM!!!!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #21334 at 10:19 pm on Jan 1, 2012
I am allergic to shrimp so made it all with 1.2 lbs ground pork. One lb of pork would have been plenty for a pkg of gyoza wrappers. Otherwise I made the recipe as given. The sauce they give with it is very bland, but
Thank goodness I also made Meryl's and we could do a side by side taste test. I reduced the ginger by half and did the reduced vinegar + water, as you did Meryl, otherwise I made it according to the recipe. Very yum!
Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce:
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 21334. Made the pan fried pork and shrimp potstickers at steamy kitchen - YUM!!!! [LINK] - cheezz - 10:19pm on 01/01/12 (10)
- Glad you liked the dipping sauce, cheezz! I use it for tempura - wish I had the patience to make - Meryl - 10:54pm on 01/01/12
- Oh, they're no more time consuming than tempura! [NT] - cheezz - 7:35pm on 01/02/12
- You're probably right! [NT] - Meryl - 9:10pm on 01/02/12
- Hey, ANYTHING looks like fast food after Marilyn's raviolis!! [NT] - cheezz - 1:43am on 01/03/12
- LOL! [NT] - Meryl - 1:47am on 01/03/12
- Oh yeah, I swear potstickers deserve a spot on the food pyramid... - Richard in Cincy - 2:28am on 01/02/12
- Richard, I used your suggestion re: Appetizer at a recent party. They were a hit. - barb_b - 4:36pm on 01/02/12
- Good to hear your potstickers were a success! I think Meryl's dipping sauce makes for a T&T! Meryl, - FloriSandy - 5:22am on 01/02/12
- Sandy, where should I post it, under Misc or Appetizers? [NT] - Meryl - 9:28am on 01/02/12
- Never mind, I see there's a category for Sauces and Relishes. [NT] - Meryl - 9:29am on 01/02/12