Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I've made a version of this and it is wonderful. But 4 teaspoons of nutmeg? That sounds off to me.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #21418 at 1:24 am on Jan 13, 2012
I would grate a little in to taste. Same with the sugar--I would use less. The sauce doesn't sound like it would be too thick or gloppy but you could always save out a little of the braising liquid to thin it just in case.
This is one of Jacques' favorites and I think it is a fairly common household dish in Fance.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21418. I'd like to make this endive dish but wondering if it appeals to anyone else. I'd have to - Marg CDN2 - 8:31pm on 01/12/12 (15)
- Sounds good to me... I've made something similar - DawnNYS - 9:02pm on 01/12/12
- I'm salivating already! [NT] - Pam - 9:07pm on 01/12/12
- I've made a version of this and it is wonderful. But 4 teaspoons of nutmeg? That sounds off to me. - Joe - 1:24am on 01/13/12
- Totally healthful, non-fattening meals? Shoot me first. . . - mistral - 3:36am on 01/13/12
- It's not so terrible. You could cut down on the butter in the initial cooking. (But not the cheese - Joe - 5:35am on 01/13/12
- I'm with you mistral---just shoot me first if I have to give up all the good stuff. [NT] - AngAk1 - 11:48pm on 01/13/12
- This is a classic... - Richard in Cincy - 4:58am on 01/13/12
- I don't think I've ever had that much nutmeg in my possession at any given time. [NT] - Joe - 5:34am on 01/13/12
- Belgian endive - BonnieinHolland - 6:56am on 01/13/12
- Bonnie! Where have you been, girl!! So nice to see you. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:35pm on 01/13/12
- Yep, finally back! - BonnieinHolland - 1:08pm on 01/13/12
- Interesting about the nutmeg. I looked inside his book and that's the amount he uses. When I grate - Curious1 - 3:26pm on 01/13/12
- I was thinking about this, too. You're right--fresh-grated nutmeg is almost fluffy. - ErininNY - 9:12pm on 01/13/12
- Yes, I love it, too. [NT] - Curious1 - 9:35pm on 01/13/12
- So this is on the can-make-again list. Easy to make, easy to eat. - Marg CDN2 - 8:31pm on 01/15/12