Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I made these cheese puffs for Christmas and they were a big hit. rec
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #273 at 5:09 pm on Dec 30, 2005
WHITE CHEDDAR PUFFS WITH GREEN ONIONS
The puffs can be formed and chilled or frozen on baking sheets well ahead of time, then simply popped into the oven.
1 cup water
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into 4 pieces
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt plus additional for sprinkling
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups (packed) grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
2/3 cup minced green onions
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Bring 1 cup water, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Remove from heat; mix in flour. Stir over medium heat until mixture becomes slightly shiny and pulls away from sides of pan, about 3 minutes; transfer to stand mixer fitted with paddle. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition to form sticky dough. Mix in cheese and green onions.
Using 2 teaspoons, form dough into 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch ovals; drop onto baking sheet 1 inch apart. (Can be made ahead. Wrap in plastic, then foil. Refrigerate up to 2 days or freeze up to 2 weeks.)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake cheese puffs until golden, about 30 minutes if at room temperature and 35 minutes if chilled or frozen. Serve immediately.
Makes about 4 dozen.
I baked them in the morning and then reheated a bit in the oven before serving. They were gobbled up, even cold. A nice alternative to bread.
The Reuben crock pot dip and the buffalo chicken dip are good and can be lo-carb(not lo fat though!)I think both are in favorite appetizers---have you looked there? Lots of good stuff is being posted. Happy New Year!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Other messages in this thread:
- 273. ISO: New Years at my house. Any new fantastic, make-ahead is a plus... - Dawn_MO - 3:02am on 12/30/05 (9)
- Pulled pork, slaw, etc. for a traditional - TerraFirma - 3:57am on 12/30/05
- Hi Dawn. This may sound stupid>>> - marg in pa - 4:07am on 12/30/05
- More info: this is actually an ISO for appetizers for New Years Eve... - Dawn_MO - 12:10pm on 12/30/05
- Dawn I make all my recipes low carb.... - FoodMuse - 3:53pm on 12/30/05
- We're doing all appetizers... - FoodMuse - 3:48pm on 12/30/05
- Hi Muse... I tried the spinach balls, and while they were good... - DawnNYS - 11:02pm on 01/02/06
- Dawn, if you don't already have a zillion tapenade recipes >> - Joe - 4:52pm on 12/30/05
- I made these cheese puffs for Christmas and they were a big hit. rec - AngAk - 5:09pm on 12/30/05
- Thanks everyone! After giving my menu a once over,.. - Dawn_MO - 3:42pm on 12/31/05