Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Fresh Fig and Strawberry Jam
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #2383 at 11:23 pm on Jun 22, 2006
Fresh Fig and Strawberry Jam
1 lb. (500g) fresh green figs, stemmed and cut into small pieces
2 c. (500ml) quartered strawberries
2 c. (500ml) sugar
3 tbsp. (45ml) lemon juice
Place figs, berries, sugar and lemon juice in a med. Stainless or enamel saucepan. Caver and let stand for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Bring to boil over high heat, reduce to medium and boil rapidly, uncovered, until mixture will for a gel, about 15 min. stirring frequently. (I think this is 220 F.) Remove from heat.
Ladle into sterilized jars and process 5 MINUTES.
Makes about 4 cups
Source: The Complete Book of Small Batch Preserving
Other messages in this thread:
- 2383. Wanted . . . Strawberry jam recipe - jerr - 11:55pm on 06/21/06 (12)
- I make it with sure jell.Puree the berries and follow the directions. - Durward - 1:40am on 06/22/06
- Let me know if you want any of these. - CynUpstateNY - 10:31am on 06/22/06
- Cyn . . . I'd like the following recipes . . . - jerr - 3:57pm on 06/22/06
- Just walked in- I'll post it after dinner. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:26pm on 06/22/06
- REC: Fresh Fig and Strawberry Jam - CynUpstateNY - 11:23pm on 06/22/06
- Spiced Strawberry Jam - CynUpstateNY - 11:24pm on 06/22/06
- Light Citrus Strawberry Spread - CynUpstateNY - 11:25pm on 06/22/06
- Strawberry Pineapple Spread - CynUpstateNY - 11:27pm on 06/22/06
- I make the Strawberry-Kiwi one out of the Ball Blue Book. It is really pretty in the jar - Barbara in VA - 12:05pm on 06/22/06
- I'd like the strawberry kiwi recipe N/T [NT] - jerr - 7:04pm on 06/22/06
- REC: Strawberry Kiwi Jam.... - Barbara in VA - 11:01pm on 06/22/06
- Back when I had a freezer, my favorite was the frozen jam using - BobbiJoAZ - 3:01pm on 06/22/06