Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Doing my own Corned Beef this year...which cut would you recommend?
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #21648 at 9:55 am on Feb 19, 2012
Since St Patrick's Day falls on a Friday this year, we're going to do a big dinner. I'm determined to do mine own this year, but Julia Child's Way To Cook calls out 1 fully trimmed boneless 10-12 pound top or bottom round of beef (or the eye round, boneless chuck, or brisket).
Which one would net me the best end result?
Other messages in this thread:
- 21648. Doing my own Corned Beef this year...which cut would you recommend? - desertcook - 9:55am on 02/19/12 (6)
- I always use brisket, but they're usually 5-6 lbs, but you could do 2. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:24pm on 02/19/12
- I also use brisket. [NT] - elaine - 4:03pm on 02/19/12
- charlie taught me to use the whole (cheaper) one. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:10am on 02/20/12
- read this thread as I was confused but the flat cut is brisket. Felt good that I got it right. [NT] - elaine - 5:17am on 02/20/12
- Big Brisket. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:21am on 02/20/12
- I've done Julia's recipe with brisket and it was delicious. Two notes: Start soaking two days before - Joe - 5:09pm on 02/20/12