Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Try this recipe - It's great: Roasted Asparagus with Crisp Shallots:
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #21697 at 10:52 pm on Mar 1, 2012
ROASTED ASPARAGUS WITH CRISP SHALLOTS
3-4 Tbsp olive oil, divided (I use extra virgin)
2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed
1/8 tsp salt
A few pinches freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp finely grated orange peel
Preheat oven to 450 F (425 F for dark pans).
In a skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat and saute shallots for 5 minutes. Set aside.
In a shallow roasting pan or baking pan, toss asparagus spears with remaining 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake until asparagus is tender, about 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat.
Add orange peel to roasting pan, mixing well.
To serve, place asparagus on plates and sprinkle with shallots.
Makes 6 servings.
Adapted from my files.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21697. Asparagus is flooding the market up here, with pretty good price 1.28-1.98 lb. time to pickle [LINK] - AngAk1 - 10:01pm on 03/01/12 (7)
- Try this recipe - It's great: Roasted Asparagus with Crisp Shallots: - Meryl - 10:52pm on 03/01/12
- thanks. you had me at crispy shallots! [NT] - AngAk1 - 11:58pm on 03/01/12
- Asparagus pesto - cyalexa2 - 1:01am on 03/03/12
- I will search for this recipe. thanks [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:01pm on 03/05/12
- After your post above I was shocked it was $7.99 per lb at WF today. Eeek! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:50am on 03/05/12
- that is probably local. we only get shipped in asparagus, so wherever it's from, it's a deal right - AngAk1 - 7:04pm on 03/05/12