Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Need Low-carb help getting started. How did you do it???
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #21852 at 12:02 pm on Mar 29, 2012
I seem to be able to get through breakfast, but because I sit in my little cubicle ALL. DAY. LONG, I constantly nosh. I get up every hour or so to walk, but end up bringing back coffee and then snacking on something. Anything.
95% of the time, I don't have a car available, so I'm stuck at our facility. Can't leave and I just spent $600 having sun marks removed from my face so I'm not thrilled to walk outside. I keep 100 SPF if need be and I'm pretty sure I could land on the surface of the sun and not get burned, but it's thick & icky...
...okay, I'm digressing here...
Back to sticking with low-carbing. Please share how you kick-started it as I'm feeling like a failure.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21852. Need Low-carb help getting started. How did you do it??? - MarilynFL - 12:02pm on 03/29/12 (44)
- Well... - ErininNY - 12:41pm on 03/29/12
- Have you tried the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer dry touch sun block? I just started using it and - Curious1 - 1:50pm on 03/29/12
- No, but I'll give it a try. Anything would be better than this spackling stuff. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:36am on 03/30/12
- Since you are not comfortable with no carb induction you might [LINK] - Melissa Dallas - 2:52pm on 03/29/12
- I'm hesitating going "cold turkey" (both literally and figuratively!) on the low-carb thing. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:41pm on 03/29/12
- Hey, if you can even put ON a pair of swim trunks and let someone take a pic.. - cheezz - 4:15pm on 03/29/12
- Oh dear, reality nailed me when I accidently hit the "photo icon" - MarilynFL - 4:18pm on 03/29/12
- I often see my mom staring back at me now...definite reality check! [NT] - cheezz - 4:21pm on 03/29/12
- A former room-mate just mailed a photo and I didn't recognize me. - MarilynFL - 4:31pm on 03/29/12
- Here's a photo of me at 300 lbs. (or thereabouts) and one I've posted before... - Michael in Phoenix - 6:47pm on 03/29/12
- Congrats Michael!!! - Richard in Cincy - 6:54pm on 03/29/12
- It is amazing when people see you after an extended time apart. My business... - Michael in Phoenix - 8:48pm on 03/29/12
- It's amazing how different a person looks before and after! I remember these amazing shots :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:35pm on 03/29/12
- Nice job, Michael! (I still like your pose in the first one, though.) :) [NT] - ErininNY - 1:31am on 03/30/12
- lovely photo Mar---you need that hat for your walks. [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:12pm on 03/29/12
- Marilyn, that entire "look" is there, still. I know it is, because when I look at... - Michael in Phoenix - 10:22pm on 03/29/12
- Michael, it's been 30 years for us. Congratulations on your great success. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:23am on 03/30/12
- My Mom and Dad are going through Clean up mode and dropped off a box of what I would think - barb_b - 10:42pm on 03/29/12
- My standbys are pb and low-carb tortilla wrap, protein shakes, handful of almonds with string cheese - cheezz - 4:03pm on 03/29/12
- Zone did a great job of getting my dad's lipids down. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 4:09pm on 03/29/12
- I rarely touch low-carb tortillas. - Richard in Cincy - 4:14pm on 03/29/12
- Richard, the Mission carb balance whole wheat are a net 3g carbs, 0 cholestrol, 3g protein, 80 cal [LINK] - cheezz - 4:20pm on 03/29/12
- I'm confused - aren't you concerned with sugar? - MariaDNoCA - 4:18am on 03/30/12
- This is brilliant. Please keep talking to me. Oh, and there's one more big stumbling block... - MarilynFL - 4:08pm on 03/29/12
- Marilyn, I am not an MD, nor do I play one on TV... [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 4:23pm on 03/29/12
- I like 1/2 wedge Laughing Cow light cheese on 2 Finn Crisps [NT] - Janet in NC - 4:31pm on 03/29/12
- Mind if I ask you? Why did you stop taking it? Did it make you - DawnNYS - 7:39pm on 03/29/12
- Not a physical reason, Dawn. More of a "motivational + I'm cheap" reason. - MarilynFL - 11:34am on 03/30/12
- Keeping an eye on your cholesterol depends on the why/how it's high. - MariaDNoCA - 4:43am on 03/30/12
- Richard's on to it-- definitely have to be prepared. There are degrees of "low carb" - MoNJ - 4:47pm on 03/29/12
- Excellent Information! And congrats MoNJ on your success! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 4:55pm on 03/29/12
- Thanks to you and your suggestions! Love the almond pancakes :) [NT] - MoNJ - 6:14pm on 03/29/12
- I haven't read all of the above posts yet, but how about bringing - DawnNYS - 7:28pm on 03/29/12
- Oh, and GREEK YOGURT with a little fruit. Gotta keep that fiber. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:36pm on 03/29/12
- We have been successful with our low carb meals... - PatBastrop - 9:03pm on 03/29/12
- Congratulations, Pat!! Lots of good advice in there. [NT] - ErininNY - 1:30am on 03/30/12
- I'm going to post this in the DIET WOES section. I love the help and motivation we get here. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:21am on 03/30/12
- I'm so impressed with the excellent results you've each shared. Food is a really hard issue - MarilynFL - 11:42am on 03/30/12
- My two cents for low carb vegetarian ideas - EvaN - 6:18pm on 04/03/12
- Eva, if you eat salad with chopsticks it's SO much easier and a lot less messy :) [NT] - cheezz - 7:08pm on 04/03/12
- LOL cheezz, wouldn't that be something :-D [NT] - EvaN - 5:22am on 04/04/12
- I don't follow any plan per se - but I avoid processed/white carbs as much as possible - LisainLA - 4:37am on 04/06/12
- wow, that's terrific Lisa. very inspirational. [NT] - AngAk1 - 5:27pm on 04/06/12