Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
PlugrŠ is a butter made in the United States by Keller's Creamery. It's made with . . .
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #21910 at 4:03 am on Apr 12, 2012
. . . a higher butterfat content than most American butter (82% butterfat, vs. 80% ), resulting in a richer flavor and lower water content. Thus it is particularly useful in making pastry, particularly flakey items like puff pastry (p‚te feuilletťe) and croissants. It is also used by some chefs in place of normal butter. The name "Plugra" is derived from the French plus gras ("more fat").
Online marketing for PlugrŠ have pegged it as "European style", supposedly because of the composition difference between itself and most butter sold in American markets.
In the United States, it is usually found in specialty markets.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21910. Marilyn, I'm reading the French Culinary Institute textbook and there's a note about - Traca - 12:13am on 04/09/12 (14)
- Plugra. Gotta love it. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 5:52am on 04/09/12
- I love Lurpak butter (made in Denmark). Have never seen Plugra B4, but I think I remember [LINK] - wigs - 6:13pm on 04/11/12
- Oh me too! I discovered it when visiting Mom who went back to Scotland in - FloriSandy - 12:46am on 04/12/12
- PlugrŠ is a butter made in the United States by Keller's Creamery. It's made with . . . [LINK] - Steve2 in LA - 4:03am on 04/12/12
- I get it at Surfas Restaurant Supply [NT] - cheezz - 5:55am on 04/12/12
- Gelson's and Ralph's also carry it. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 7:23pm on 04/12/12
- None of the Ralph's around here. I only buy the one in the red wax package - cheezz - 4:39am on 04/13/12
- Thx everyone 4 all the facts about Plugra.I'll keep an eye peeled 4 it the nxt time I'm in Indy.... [NT] - wigs - 3:49pm on 04/16/12
- Traca, actually I've had great success with buttercreams, it's the weather - MarilynFL - 11:54am on 04/09/12
- I've never made buttercream, but I thought it was interesting about the European butters. New to me. [NT] - Traca - 2:13pm on 04/09/12
- Oh, it's an epiphany! Between Alice Medrich and Rose Beranbaum, I grew. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:45pm on 04/09/12
- I always believed that this is why they make better pastry as well. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 6:34pm on 04/09/12
- I always use it for Dyslexic Sauce too [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:20pm on 04/09/12
- This is news to me too - but I guess it's good news for us over here :-) [NT] - EvaN - 9:22pm on 04/09/12