Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
For all you who helped me with the metric conversion for the butter cookies at 22129...
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #22226 at 4:14 am on Jun 5, 2012
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! They make a perfectly sharp cut-out cookie with no spread or rise whatsoever...just what I needed.
Here is the original recipe, with the amounts I ultimately used in brackets:
Posted by PasticcinoMio in Cookies
250 gr. Butter (Room Temperature) [1 cup + 2 Tbl]
125 gr. (confectioner's)Sugar Powder [1-1/2 cup]
55 gr. Corn Starch [5 Tbl]
10 gr. Vanilla [2 tsp]
1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
500 gr. All-purpose Flour [3-1/3 cups]
(NOTE from cheezz - I did most of this with my electric mixer and finished mixing with my hands. It rolls, cuts and bakes better when chilled. Also, if tinting them, they bake up a shade lighter.)
Take a big bowl and put the butter inside. Mix with a spoon until smooth. Add sugar powder, corn starch and vanilla. Mix until it gets creamy. Put the egg and mix well. Lastly add the flour and start mixing with your hand. Go on until the dough does not stick your hand. Wrap into a cling film and keep it in the fridge from 1 to 2 hours. Then it will be ready to give shape. Preheat the oven to 160 celcius [320 deg]. Bake about 25-30 minutes.
Roll the dough to 0,7-0,8 cm (abt ¼”) to get good results. In this way, you can have them almost exactly the same size and shape after baking. If you make them thicker, they can get bigger(although not significantly), or if you make them thinner they get smaller after baking. Also make sure you roll the dough evenly.
On the left are the baked cookies - raw dough on the right:
<a href="http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/cheezz%20-%20desserts/?action=view&current=2-IMG_3906.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/cheezz%20-%20desserts/2-IMG_3906.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
And the finished cookie:
<a href="http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/cheezz%20-%20desserts/?action=view&current=1_IMG_1715.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/cheezz%20-%20desserts/1_IMG_1715.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 22226. For all you who helped me with the metric conversion for the butter cookies at 22129... - cheezz - 4:14am on 06/05/12 (17)
- Beautiful, cheezz! I was wondering if you tried these, so nice to see the lovely results. [NT] - LisainLA - 3:05pm on 06/05/12
- Love them, Cheezz. Beautiful job! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:40pm on 06/05/12
- WOW, cheezz these are fabulous, so impressive! Great job :) [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:13pm on 06/05/12
- How did you get the lettering on there? [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:13pm on 06/05/12
- I meant to ask that too - thanks Barbara! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:13pm on 06/05/12
- It's a set made by Williams Sonoma - they are about 4" cookies and you make your own message [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 8:03pm on 06/05/12
- I just bought it Cheezz, thank you! - deb-in-MI - 10:33am on 06/06/12
- free shipping for a limited time now on orders over $49, and lucky lower 48 states [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:25pm on 06/06/12
- Deb, before you throw it across the room and curse my aged body... - cheezz - 1:39am on 06/07/12
- Thanks so much for this input; I'll let you know how it goes! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:30am on 06/07/12
- I so admire makers of beautiful cookies. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 5:42pm on 06/05/12
- Just beautiful! I like the lil dots. They look like little pearls. [NT] - barb_b - 7:40pm on 06/05/12
- The dots are just the piped glaze - I'm always amazed that it doesn't spread out :) [NT] - cheezz - 8:04pm on 06/05/12
- I thought they were pearlized too, barb. Beautiful cookie and comment. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:01am on 06/06/12
- My goodness, those are so beautiful! Works of art! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:31pm on 06/05/12
- I love them! Beautiful [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:25pm on 06/06/12
- Awesome job! [NT] - SallyBR - 12:35pm on 06/08/12