Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Anyone have some magical way to transform the bane of my childhood, canned salmon, into...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #22334 at 12:04 am on Jun 24, 2012
...something edible and tasty?
My wife came home with a can of salmon today, and announced that she may summon the courage to open it later tonight. All kinds of bad memories of fishy-tasting salmon patties and salmon casserole are rushing at me from when my mom bought the stuff when I was a kid.
I like FRESH salmon a lot of ways. Grilled, poached, smoked, etc. Canned salmon is another story entirely.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 22334. Anyone have some magical way to transform the bane of my childhood, canned salmon, into... - Michael in Phoenix - 12:04am on 06/24/12 (17)
- I like to mix it with ricotta or cream cheese, a little lemon juice, - Melissa Dallas - 12:53am on 06/24/12
- I do salmon cakes regularly. Chopped green onion, 1 egg per small can of salmon, wasabi, - Marg CDN2 - 2:05am on 06/24/12
- Canned salmon in a rich, thick, white sauce (as in croquettes) is nice too. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 2:38am on 06/24/12
- You are supposed to be using that in scientific replication tests! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 6:16pm on 06/24/12
- I cracked one open tonight. Truly, I forgot how special it was to me. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 4:44am on 06/25/12
- It really is very good, thank you! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 8:57am on 06/25/12
- My dad's had this same aversion since he was a kid. No amount of persuasion could budge him. - ErininNY - 4:54am on 06/24/12
- Try adding a couple drops of - Richard in Cincy - 5:55pm on 06/24/12
- A simple salmon salad made like tuna salad--onion, capers or pickles, a little mayo and a tiny bit - Joe - 5:59pm on 06/24/12
- Exactly! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:53am on 06/25/12
- Ok. You have convinced me to try a simple and properly cooked salmon pattie. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:16am on 06/25/12
- I do this with tuna and I am sure it would be good with salmon. - Dawn_MO - 1:50pm on 06/25/12
- I can do tuna but I wouldn't touch salmon. Let me know if this works, Michael. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:24pm on 06/25/12
- definitely add the liquid smoke and this is everyone's staple cheeseball up here. serve w crackers - AngAk1 - 6:19pm on 06/25/12
- Salmon croquettes = my childhood HELL. I had to miss The Beatles b/c I wouldn't eat them - MariaDNoCA - 8:12am on 06/27/12
- Amen sister (my "salmon croquettes" were lima beans and liver.) [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:59pm on 06/27/12
- **shudder!** [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:44am on 06/28/12