Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Do you like the taste of fondant?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #22394 at 7:38 am on Jul 1, 2012
Because so many cakes are made with it these days. Of course they look wonderful (ok, some look like playdough), but I was never really fond of the taste. If you like it, do you have a great tasting recipe - maybe it was why I never thought it was much of a wow?
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 22394. Do you like the taste of fondant? - MariaDNoCA - 7:38am on 07/01/12 (11)
- Marshmallow Fondant [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 11:53am on 07/01/12
- I've made from scratch/scratch, from marshmallow and bought it. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 7:32pm on 07/01/12
- I liked my grandmother's from-scratch fondant that she melted to glaze petit-fours. - Melissa Dallas - 8:44pm on 07/01/12
- I have been wanting to try some on birthday cakes but the kids (and adults) so love the buttercream - elaine - 4:18am on 07/02/12
- There is nothing better than buttercream for people you love! [NT] - Joe - 5:27am on 07/02/12
- No. I like old fashioned fondant--the white glaze you pour onto Napoleons, and I like Marzipan, - Joe - 5:40pm on 07/01/12
- Got a recipe for the old fashioned kind?! [NT] - cheezz - 12:43am on 07/02/12
- Here is Julia Child's, though it is adapted into a strage article about bees. It's pretty simple: - Joe - 5:22am on 07/02/12
- Hate it all. Yuck. It DOES look nice and you can sure get creative with it, but I peel and toss. - cheezz - 12:44am on 07/02/12
- Kinda like royal icing. It doesn't contribute anything but looking pretty. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:56am on 07/02/12
- I'm seeing it on cupcakes now too. Pretty, but sigh...I'm a buttercream kinda girl I guess. - MariaDNoCA - 8:27am on 07/03/12