Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #22571 at 4:43 pm on Jul 29, 2012
Last night before we ran off to the opera (La Traviata), I made a fabulous oyster beef stir fry with a rib eye steak I picked out of the reduced meat bin at the grocery. I made off with 8 beautiful ribeyes for half price! (and this market does their own butchering). There wasn't a thing wrong with them, they were nice and red, but the sell by date was that day so they had to go and my freezer welcomed them with open arms.
I just sliced thinly, wokked, added celery, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, and red onion. Then garlic and ginger, finished off with a slurp of oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, white and sichuan peppercorns and inhaled it. Yum.
Breakfast this morning was buffalo chicken sausages from the butcher (stuffed with chicken breast, blue cheese, tobasco, etc.) with fried eggs. I also made this week's crustless quiche bake for the week's breakfast (bacon, cheddar, red bell pepper, and mushroom).
Roasting a whole turkey breast and basting with the bacon drippings for this week's lunches and a dinner or two.
This afternoon we're going out boating on the Ohio River with friends and are stopping by our favorite Mexican bodega to pack the picnic hamper with soft chicken tacos, green pork mole, tamales, guac, chips, etc. to to take on the boat for our picnic.
I'm ready for my margarita!
Other messages in this thread:
- 22571. What are you cooking today? I have bought waaayyy too much beautiful produce - Barbara in VA - 1:33pm on 07/29/12 (30)
- WOW! That is quite the list. Nothing too special here. Going to in-laws; bringing - barb_b - 2:40pm on 07/29/12
- Here's my list, starting with the cabbage salad posted by Brooksie [LINK] - MarilynFL - 3:52pm on 07/29/12
- M, about tofu... - Richard in Cincy - 4:47pm on 07/29/12
- Richard, Marillyn, check out Andrea Nguyen's book, Asian Tofu. I have 2 of her other books and [LINK] - Traca - 5:23pm on 07/29/12
- Traca that looks wonderful! Have you tried her Asian Dumpling book yet? - Richard in Cincy - 6:01pm on 07/31/12
- This weekend... - Richard in Cincy - 4:43pm on 07/29/12
- I'm ready for your margarita, too! Wow you are both tempting with beautiful menus. M you may get me - Marg CDN2 - 5:17pm on 07/29/12
- Your boating picnic sounds lovely! [NT] - ErininNY - 12:08am on 08/01/12
- I LOVE the reduced butcher bin! I find that I make different meals - barb_b - 1:55am on 08/01/12
- The weekend here - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:24pm on 07/29/12
- Congrats on the new job! Your Killer Shrimp recipe looks great. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 5:53pm on 07/29/12
- Thanks Traca- the recipe changed some. I forgot I posted it a while ago. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:19pm on 07/29/12
- What changes did you make, Cathy? I found the recipe you posted a while - CynUpstateNY - 8:06pm on 07/29/12
- Congrats Cathyz! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 8:58am on 07/30/12
- Thanks Deb [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:08pm on 07/30/12
- Have no clue what the combination will be but I've made - CynUpstateNY - 5:45pm on 07/29/12
- Here is what I have prepped for tonight... - KarenNoCA - 6:27pm on 07/29/12
- Just made Banana-Pineapple-Coconut Breads with Coconut-Toasted Pecan topping. Tonight, - Steve2 in LA - 9:56pm on 07/29/12
- Don't forget to save some for me. I already booked my flight. [NT] - Meryl - 10:01pm on 07/29/12
- Steve! Please, would you post the recipe for the Banana-Pineapple-Coconut Bread? Thanks! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 11:27pm on 07/29/12
- Here you go Michael. You can halve this recipe and make an 8" loaf and some muffins or one, 9" loaf. - Steve2 in LA - 12:00am on 07/30/12
- Thanks, this looks great! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:00am on 07/30/12
- Cold poached salmon, sour cream dill new potato salad, deconstructed peach pie [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:00pm on 07/29/12
- I'm coming to your house. Looks delicious Melissa [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 1:30am on 07/30/12
- It was good. And now I have a whole bag of sugared pie crust wedges to play with. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:43am on 07/30/12
- I love this thread. We should do this every weekend. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 1:22pm on 07/30/12