Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yes, although not recently. (I just rediscovered it, as I was cleaning some shelves)
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #22708 at 1:07 am on Aug 22, 2012
I recall making the Antipasto Salad from Zabars, I must have made the corn chowder at some point, because the page is ear marked and worn. Now that I am perusing, I made the lobster salad and one of the rice salads.
One of my first "jobs" while in high school was working for a gourmet cheese shop. They knew (picked up) on my love for cooking, so I was able to help / learn alot of the recipes that were used from this book. I think they gave it to me as a gift, when I went to college.
It is not my go to book, but it is fun to peruse for ideas.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22708. I am freaking out here. Suddenly, it looks like I will be cooking on - Dawn_MO - 10:56pm on 08/21/12 (18)
- I have some ideas . . . - magnolia in chicago - 11:29pm on 08/21/12
- Dawn, take a look at the "Carry Out Cuisine Recipes from America's finest Gourmet Food shops" by - barb_b - 12:41am on 08/22/12
- I have that book, but haven't used it yet. Have you made anything out of it? [NT] - Traca - 12:49am on 08/22/12
- Yes, although not recently. (I just rediscovered it, as I was cleaning some shelves) - barb_b - 1:07am on 08/22/12
- Great! Thanks. I bought it last year when I was cooking at a deli-style lunch spot. - Traca - 2:53am on 08/22/12
- How about Scotch eggs- wrapping the sausage around half a hard boiled egg instead of a whole one and - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:20am on 08/22/12
- stuffed pita halves might be fun. scones, savory and sweet [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:14pm on 08/22/12
- Finger-sized quiches or savories, made in mini-tart pan. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:57pm on 08/22/12
- Empanadas,spring rolls, Sylvia's cheddar/filled thumbprints, corn cups w/black bean dip...Good luck! [NT] - MoNJ - 2:36pm on 08/22/12
- Maybe too involved for this weekend, but do you have (or have access to) a panini press? [LINK] - ErininNY - 4:09pm on 08/22/12
- You might want to think about the Salvadorian Breakfast Cake that [LINK] - orchid - 4:59pm on 08/22/12
- Wraps? Kabobs? Taco salad in a bag? - DawnNYS - 8:27pm on 08/22/12
- Or ideas from your own post a while ago? See link. [NT] [LINK] - DawnNYS - 8:30pm on 08/22/12
- I love the taco in a bag thing. You could even do parchment cones to dress it up a bit [NT] - cheezz - 8:34pm on 08/22/12
- the bag would kinda be like recycling, which is kinda like buying antiques. like the recycle idea - AngAk1 - 10:39pm on 08/22/12
- Classic tea sandwiches for lunch with some frilly toothpicks. I like Magnolia's idea [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:23am on 08/23/12
- Dawn, how did it go?? :) [NT] - ErininNY - 9:21pm on 08/27/12
- It went great, but the next day, I felt like I had been hit by a bus. - Dawn_MO - 3:11pm on 09/03/12