Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Maybe too involved for this weekend, but do you have (or have access to) a panini press?
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #22708 at 11:09 am on Aug 22, 2012
Breakfast panini: eggs, ham/bacon, green peppers, cheese; or ham/bacon and apricot jam
Lunch panini: ham/turkey w/ pesto, cheese
I think it'd be possible to premake the panini (maybe 2-3 set choices for breakfast and lunch) and stack 'em in a fridge; then just stick in the press when people order. It sounds easy-ish, in theory, at least... ;)
The Il Bambino menu is just for inspiration, but we used to go there all the time when we lived in Queens. Popular with all ages! They also do crostini (open-faced panini). Edited to add: scroll down a bit in the menu to see the crostini/panini choices.
Good luck! :) Look forward to hearing how it goes!
Other messages in this thread:
- 22708. I am freaking out here. Suddenly, it looks like I will be cooking on - Dawn_MO - 5:56pm on 08/21/12 (18)
- I have some ideas . . . - magnolia in chicago - 6:29pm on 08/21/12
- Dawn, take a look at the "Carry Out Cuisine Recipes from America's finest Gourmet Food shops" by - barb_b - 7:41pm on 08/21/12
- I have that book, but haven't used it yet. Have you made anything out of it? [NT] - Traca - 7:49pm on 08/21/12
- Yes, although not recently. (I just rediscovered it, as I was cleaning some shelves) - barb_b - 8:07pm on 08/21/12
- Great! Thanks. I bought it last year when I was cooking at a deli-style lunch spot. - Traca - 9:53pm on 08/21/12
- How about Scotch eggs- wrapping the sausage around half a hard boiled egg instead of a whole one and - CathyZ from Kauai - 9:20pm on 08/21/12
- stuffed pita halves might be fun. scones, savory and sweet [NT] - AngAk1 - 2:14pm on 08/22/12
- Finger-sized quiches or savories, made in mini-tart pan. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:57am on 08/22/12
- Empanadas,spring rolls, Sylvia's cheddar/filled thumbprints, corn cups w/black bean dip...Good luck! [NT] - MoNJ - 9:36am on 08/22/12
- Maybe too involved for this weekend, but do you have (or have access to) a panini press? [LINK] - ErininNY - 11:09am on 08/22/12
- You might want to think about the Salvadorian Breakfast Cake that [LINK] - orchid - 11:59am on 08/22/12
- Wraps? Kabobs? Taco salad in a bag? - DawnNYS - 3:27pm on 08/22/12
- Or ideas from your own post a while ago? See link. [NT] [LINK] - DawnNYS - 3:30pm on 08/22/12
- I love the taco in a bag thing. You could even do parchment cones to dress it up a bit [NT] - cheezz - 3:34pm on 08/22/12
- the bag would kinda be like recycling, which is kinda like buying antiques. like the recycle idea - AngAk1 - 5:39pm on 08/22/12
- Classic tea sandwiches for lunch with some frilly toothpicks. I like Magnolia's idea [LINK] - FloriSandy - 9:23pm on 08/22/12
- Dawn, how did it go?? :) [NT] - ErininNY - 4:21pm on 08/27/12
- It went great, but the next day, I felt like I had been hit by a bus. - Dawn_MO - 10:11am on 09/03/12