Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Maria, this could be canned, but it would need to be pressure canned in a pressure canner (more)
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #22772 at 7:23 pm on Sep 1, 2012
No to boiling water bath, YES to pressure canning.
BUT you could freeze this and give it away in 1 pint jars (two cups) with a pound of pasta, and perhaps some nice grated parmesan and there's dinner.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 22772. I just got done making a batch of that 4 dollar spaghetti sauce . . . - mistral - 3:29am on 08/30/12 (17)
- Good to know! Thanks for reporting in :) [NT] - cheezz - 5:23am on 08/30/12
- So...isn't this ready to be posted in our T&T file? [NT] - cheezz - 5:24am on 08/30/12
- Sounds good to me. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:34pm on 08/30/12
- I felt the same way about the mushrooms! Killed me to toss them. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:31am on 08/30/12
- Lol! Me, too, but I tasted them and believe me, they would have brought nothing to the party. [NT] - Curious1 - 2:01pm on 08/30/12
- While we are on this subject, do you think that $10 for a lunch portion of spaghetti pomodoro - DawnNYS - 7:49pm on 08/31/12
- Yes. In NYC, it would at least include soup/salad. [NT] - ErininNY - 8:18pm on 08/31/12
- I agree. Especially for 1/2 cup pasta and sauce. . . - mistral - 9:48pm on 08/31/12
- Highway robbery [NT] - cheezz - 11:36pm on 08/31/12
- I am that cheap. I don't eat pasta in a resturant. - MariaDNoCA - 6:15am on 09/01/12
- Same here, unless it's something I don't do at home--pansoti w/ fresh herbs; wild-boar lasagne. [NT] - ErininNY - 2:01pm on 09/01/12
- Do you think you could can it instead of fridge/freezer like it says? - MariaDNoCA - 9:30am on 09/01/12
- Maria, this could be canned, but it would need to be pressure canned in a pressure canner (more) - mistral - 7:23pm on 09/01/12
- No frieezer space; just saw an All American 15.5 Qt. Canner on Craigslist, film at 11 - MariaDNoCA - 4:59pm on 09/02/12
- All Americans are great: Metal to metal seal (no gasket). . . - mistral - 3:58am on 09/03/12
- Where is the recipe posted, please? [NT] - Sylvia - 12:43pm on 09/01/12