Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
It went great, but the next day, I felt like I had been hit by a bus.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #22708 at 3:11 pm on Sep 3, 2012
I was very busy. I literally did not sit down from 8am to 3:30pm. Since I hadn't been able to prep the night before, everything had to be made on the spot. I did cook the chicken breasts, but that was it. For the morning bunch, I made Cinnamon Chip Scones and Sausage Biscuits, both were a big hit, especially the scones.
For the lunch group, I made my Jalapeno Chicken Salad and Waldorf Chicken Salad and served them inside mini croissants. I served them with a choice of side salad, Pineapple Coleslaw and Fiesta Bean Salad. I also had Ham Salad, but that only went over with a couple people. The food was very well received, but boy was it hard work. I won't be open again until September 22, when they are having their annual Hoe Down Day.
I have come up with a good menu, all things that can be made ahead in the week and kept warm.
Here is the menu I have planned:
Biscuits and Oink-Oink Gravy
Ham and Cowpoke Potatoes (hash brown casserole)
(I am going to pre-order the cinnamon rolls and the fritters from a local bakery that is located in a gas station, of all places, but they are the about 9 x 6 inches, gigantic, and they cost $1.50 each)
ChicN and Dumplings with Cheesy Scallion Biscuits
Cowboy Beans or Cowgirl Chili with Green Chili Cornbread
Cluck-Cluck Chicken Chili with Chips
Pulled-Porky Sandwiches with Slaw
Right To Your Butt Brownies
Left For Your Hips Apple Pie Bars
Apple Pie Float (apple juice, ginger ale and vanilla ice cream)
Root Beer Float
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. �Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 22708. I am freaking out here. Suddenly, it looks like I will be cooking on - Dawn_MO - 10:56pm on 08/21/12 (18)
- I have some ideas . . . - magnolia in chicago - 11:29pm on 08/21/12
- Dawn, take a look at the "Carry Out Cuisine Recipes from America's finest Gourmet Food shops" by - barb_b - 12:41am on 08/22/12
- I have that book, but haven't used it yet. Have you made anything out of it? [NT] - Traca - 12:49am on 08/22/12
- Yes, although not recently. (I just rediscovered it, as I was cleaning some shelves) - barb_b - 1:07am on 08/22/12
- Great! Thanks. I bought it last year when I was cooking at a deli-style lunch spot. - Traca - 2:53am on 08/22/12
- How about Scotch eggs- wrapping the sausage around half a hard boiled egg instead of a whole one and - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:20am on 08/22/12
- stuffed pita halves might be fun. scones, savory and sweet [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:14pm on 08/22/12
- Finger-sized quiches or savories, made in mini-tart pan. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:57pm on 08/22/12
- Empanadas,spring rolls, Sylvia's cheddar/filled thumbprints, corn cups w/black bean dip...Good luck! [NT] - MoNJ - 2:36pm on 08/22/12
- Maybe too involved for this weekend, but do you have (or have access to) a panini press? [LINK] - ErininNY - 4:09pm on 08/22/12
- You might want to think about the Salvadorian Breakfast Cake that [LINK] - orchid - 4:59pm on 08/22/12
- Wraps? Kabobs? Taco salad in a bag? - DawnNYS - 8:27pm on 08/22/12
- Or ideas from your own post a while ago? See link. [NT] [LINK] - DawnNYS - 8:30pm on 08/22/12
- I love the taco in a bag thing. You could even do parchment cones to dress it up a bit [NT] - cheezz - 8:34pm on 08/22/12
- the bag would kinda be like recycling, which is kinda like buying antiques. like the recycle idea - AngAk1 - 10:39pm on 08/22/12
- Classic tea sandwiches for lunch with some frilly toothpicks. I like Magnolia's idea [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:23am on 08/23/12
- Dawn, how did it go?? :) [NT] - ErininNY - 9:21pm on 08/27/12
- It went great, but the next day, I felt like I had been hit by a bus. - Dawn_MO - 3:11pm on 09/03/12