Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
First Brownie Report - Supernatural Brownies
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
Posted to Thread #22790 at 6:56 pm on Sep 3, 2012
I made one batch of brownies yesterday - the Supernatural Brownies from Nick Malgieri. Thanks to Maria for posting this recipe!
For my test, I followed the directions, using 8 oz bittersweet Ghiradelli chocolate and refrigerating the brownies overnight.
The verdict: They were pretty good - a rich chocolate flavor and fudgey. That said, a little goes a *long* way. I couldn't eat more than a small brownie - not that that is a bad thing - but they were a bit sweeter than I would choose. And they were definitely on the fudgey side - a bit denser than what I am trying to find.
Still trying to match the Ghiradelli box... Will continue to test & post.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22790. First Brownie Report - Supernatural Brownies - AndreainDC - 6:56pm on 09/03/12 (11)
- Don't forget to try the "Baked" Brownies! (I recommend using half the amount of salt). [NT] - Meryl - 7:06pm on 09/03/12
- I usually make 1 1/2 batch of the Supernatural (in a 9 x 13) - deb-in-MI - 9:20pm on 09/03/12
- Deb, semi-sweet chocolate IS dark chocolate, as is bittersweet! [NT] - Meryl - 9:23pm on 09/03/12
- Huh? I thought semi-sweet is in between As in Nestle Chips - deb-in-MI - 11:46pm on 09/03/12
- The definition of "dark chocolate" is semi-sweet and bittersweet. The term has been misused often, - Meryl - 12:04am on 09/04/12
- Light bulb! No wonder the caffeine in CChip cookies is so high I can't eat them - MariaDNoCA - 2:57am on 09/04/12
- Thank you for explaining!! I did use different cacao percentages:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:32am on 09/04/12
- I sub these for the base in the Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Cake with Brownie base recipe. - MariaDNoCA - 2:54am on 09/04/12
- Since U're wanting 2 replicate the Ghirardelli box brnies,have U tried the REC 4 "Classic Chocolate [LINK] - wigs - 5:25pm on 09/05/12
- Here's the Tiramisu Trifle REC I like frm the Ghirardelli site--there is a nice picture of it there. [LINK] - wigs - 5:36pm on 09/05/12
- I've tried these, and they're good. No resemblance to the boxed mix, - Meryl - 7:08pm on 09/05/12