Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
The definition of "dark chocolate" is semi-sweet and bittersweet. The term has been misused often,
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #22790 at 12:04 am on Sep 4, 2012
ie, as if dark and semi-sweet or dark and bittersweet were 2 different types of chocolate. The term "dark" chocolate is the category - the semi-sweet and bittersweet are the only two included in that category. (although, there is a "German Sweet Dark Chocolate" by Baker's, which is much sweeter than the semi-sweet, but as far as I know, it's rarely used by serious bakers). The differences, of course, lie in the various cacao percentages of the semi-sweet and bittersweet.
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22790. First Brownie Report - Supernatural Brownies - AndreainDC - 6:56pm on 09/03/12 (11)
- Don't forget to try the "Baked" Brownies! (I recommend using half the amount of salt). [NT] - Meryl - 7:06pm on 09/03/12
- I usually make 1 1/2 batch of the Supernatural (in a 9 x 13) - deb-in-MI - 9:20pm on 09/03/12
- Deb, semi-sweet chocolate IS dark chocolate, as is bittersweet! [NT] - Meryl - 9:23pm on 09/03/12
- Huh? I thought semi-sweet is in between As in Nestle Chips - deb-in-MI - 11:46pm on 09/03/12
- The definition of "dark chocolate" is semi-sweet and bittersweet. The term has been misused often, - Meryl - 12:04am on 09/04/12
- Light bulb! No wonder the caffeine in CChip cookies is so high I can't eat them - MariaDNoCA - 2:57am on 09/04/12
- Thank you for explaining!! I did use different cacao percentages:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:32am on 09/04/12
- I sub these for the base in the Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Cake with Brownie base recipe. - MariaDNoCA - 2:54am on 09/04/12
- Since U're wanting 2 replicate the Ghirardelli box brnies,have U tried the REC 4 "Classic Chocolate [LINK] - wigs - 5:25pm on 09/05/12
- Here's the Tiramisu Trifle REC I like frm the Ghirardelli site--there is a nice picture of it there. [LINK] - wigs - 5:36pm on 09/05/12
- I've tried these, and they're good. No resemblance to the boxed mix, - Meryl - 7:08pm on 09/05/12