Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Since U're wanting 2 replicate the Ghirardelli box brnies,have U tried the REC 4 "Classic Chocolate
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #22790 at 5:25 pm on Sep 5, 2012
Brownies" at the Ghirardelli web site? I haven't made these, but stumbled across their brownie recipe this morning as I was searching for a trifle recipe I like on that site.
Classic Chocolate Brownies (from Ghirardelli)
Yield: 16 brownies
1/2 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
4 ounces Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/8 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan. Chop the 4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate bars into 1" pieces. In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the 4 chopped chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Stir the brown sugar and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Add the eggs and mix well. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture, mixing well until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into 2-inch squares.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22790. First Brownie Report - Supernatural Brownies - AndreainDC - 6:56pm on 09/03/12 (11)
- Don't forget to try the "Baked" Brownies! (I recommend using half the amount of salt). [NT] - Meryl - 7:06pm on 09/03/12
- I usually make 1 1/2 batch of the Supernatural (in a 9 x 13) - deb-in-MI - 9:20pm on 09/03/12
- Deb, semi-sweet chocolate IS dark chocolate, as is bittersweet! [NT] - Meryl - 9:23pm on 09/03/12
- Huh? I thought semi-sweet is in between As in Nestle Chips - deb-in-MI - 11:46pm on 09/03/12
- The definition of "dark chocolate" is semi-sweet and bittersweet. The term has been misused often, - Meryl - 12:04am on 09/04/12
- Light bulb! No wonder the caffeine in CChip cookies is so high I can't eat them - MariaDNoCA - 2:57am on 09/04/12
- Thank you for explaining!! I did use different cacao percentages:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:32am on 09/04/12
- I sub these for the base in the Dulce de Leche Ice Cream Cake with Brownie base recipe. - MariaDNoCA - 2:54am on 09/04/12
- Since U're wanting 2 replicate the Ghirardelli box brnies,have U tried the REC 4 "Classic Chocolate [LINK] - wigs - 5:25pm on 09/05/12
- Here's the Tiramisu Trifle REC I like frm the Ghirardelli site--there is a nice picture of it there. [LINK] - wigs - 5:36pm on 09/05/12
- I've tried these, and they're good. No resemblance to the boxed mix, - Meryl - 7:08pm on 09/05/12