Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Help. I need 1 more pie for Thanksgiving. Have pumpkin, friend is bringing apple bars (a specialty).
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #23247 at 2:27 am on Nov 19, 2012
Mince--did last year, freaked out the non-natives.
Can't do apple...
Cherry?! No one has cherry pie at Thanksgiving...
What else is there? Pecan? I've never made one of those. :/
Other messages in this thread:
- 23247. Help. I need 1 more pie for Thanksgiving. Have pumpkin, friend is bringing apple bars (a specialty). - ErininNY - 2:27am on 11/19/12 (21)
- I love pecan & it's easy [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 3:01am on 11/19/12
- Pecan is simple - and we *do* have cherry pie at Thanksgiving. :D [LINK] - LisainLA - 3:30am on 11/19/12
- Have you ever had a chess pie? [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 3:51am on 11/19/12
- Anoter vote for pecan, but twist on chess, you could make a crack pie > [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 4:22am on 11/19/12
- Yep, pecan pie is a piece of cake. Here is a recipe from my Texan friend: - Joe - 4:23am on 11/19/12
- We always have cherry, mince and pumpkin. But this year skipping the mince - PatBastrop - 5:25am on 11/19/12
- I love mince pie but no one else does and I can't eat a whole pie myself. (Well, I could but...) [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 12:05pm on 11/19/12
- I love mince, particularly with hard sauce. Guests last year were utterly baffled by it*, though, - ErininNY - 2:11pm on 11/19/12
- LOL! It is the last one gone in my house... [NT] - PatBastrop - 3:00pm on 11/19/12
- Coconut cream pie (with a chocolate painted bottom crust) [NT] - cheezz - 7:17pm on 11/19/12
- I am making Dori Greenspan's Pumpkin Peacan Pie, a traditional southern [LINK] - Barbara in VA - 5:21pm on 11/19/12
- Super easy and one of my favorites: Cranberry Tart with Polenta Crust [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 5:33am on 11/19/12
- Pear pie or tart, Sweet potato pie, Chocolate pie or tart.... [NT] - Meryl - 5:41am on 11/19/12
- Pecan Pie, Cheese Cake or Brownies? Rice Krispie Treats are a hit, if you are having kids! : ) [NT] - barb_b - 12:07pm on 11/19/12
- While I don't like pecan pie, I do like Kentucky Derby pie...which is pecan pie with chocolate. Go - MarilynFL - 12:20pm on 11/19/12
- Erin, Here is one I make and I list LisainLa's comments - "Sarah Chase's Cranberry-Blueberry Pie" [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:44pm on 11/19/12
- I *love* this one - if we were having more eaters, it would definitely be on the table this year. [NT] - LisainLA - 4:00pm on 11/19/12
- Thank you for all the suggestions! These are great. :) [NT] - ErininNY - 2:11pm on 11/19/12
- REC: Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie (s) [LINK] - MoNJ - 3:04pm on 11/19/12
- Mo, my finger actually STOPS SCROLLING every time I see this title. God help me, I'm weak. [NT] - MarilynFL - 6:35pm on 11/20/12
- Perhaps you had a flashback to black "garter belt" pie. Go ahead, you can tell us. ;-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:15pm on 11/20/12