Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sorry, guess I didn't explain properly. The dysphagia causes her to aspirate
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #2653 at 5:55 pm on Jul 16, 2006
thin liquids, such as melting ice cream. She is required to have liquids no thinner than nectar or to use a commercial thickener.
I'm trying to think of something that would taste like ice cream but stay thick emough when melted....hence the mousse question.
Does that explain it a bit more (I hope)?
Other messages in this thread:
- 2653. FRQ: I have a neighbor who just LOVES ice cream. She recently had a stroke and, - CynUpstateNY - 4:56pm on 07/16/06 (17)
- I don't think you would need to freeze it. My mousse recipe (julia Child's original one) - Durward - 5:08pm on 07/16/06
- Sorry, guess I didn't explain properly. The dysphagia causes her to aspirate - CynUpstateNY - 5:55pm on 07/16/06
- Then the creme anglaise would work and you could add some chocolate to it to - Durward - 6:52pm on 07/16/06
- try this but don`t make the crust use it as a mousse. - Dahia - 5:27pm on 07/16/06
- I posted this recipe here awhile ago, but Cyn mentioned her neighbor can't have ice cream. - Meryl - 6:39pm on 07/16/06
- Cyn, Cook's Illustrated's "Dark Chocolate Mousse" is fantastic. Should I post the recipe? [NT] - Meryl - 6:36pm on 07/16/06
- Yes, please if you think it'll freeze well. Still don't know if I'm explaining this right!! - CynUpstateNY - 7:01pm on 07/16/06
- I really can't answer that question, but you might want to check out "Frozen Chocolate Mousse" by [LINK] - Meryl - 7:13pm on 07/16/06
- I just talked to my DSIL whose husband required this.I assume you want this to be very cold. - Durward - 2:15am on 07/17/06
- Thanks, Gretchen-creme anglaise it is! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 11:39am on 07/17/06
- It is a base for ice cream, you know! Should work well. ;o) [NT] - Durward - 2:49pm on 07/17/06
- Nothing to add to the great help given here. Just wanted to say what a caring friend you are. [NT] - orchid - 3:32pm on 07/17/06
- Aw- you know we foodies never miss an opportunity to try something different! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:17pm on 07/17/06
- Does frozen yogurt melt down or stay a thicker consistency? Also, several years ago, my daughter - Curious1 - 3:03pm on 07/17/06
- I thought the same thing- I even think that regular melted ice cream is as thick as - CynUpstateNY - 4:15pm on 07/17/06
- The consistency is basically spoonable--like gelatin that you have just - Durward - 11:29am on 07/18/06
- Thanks for all your help, friends! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 4:18pm on 07/17/06