Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Potato Soup With Two Cheeses -
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #23820 at 9:22 pm on Feb 10, 2013
I posted this on Recipezaar (now it's food.com), and it got great reviews.
POTATO SOUP WITH TWO CHEESES
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup ham, diced
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Add olive oil to a large pot. Heat on medium and cook celery, onion, and carrot until tender.
Add potatoes and broth.
Bring to a boil, then simmer on low about 1/2 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Add cream cheese and mix until blended, then add ham and stir until heated through.
Mix in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
Ladle into bowls and top with remaining cheddar.
4 servings - 7 cups
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23820. I have another ham bone (it's a sickness...) I'd like to make a good old-fashioned - Carianna in WA - 5:55pm on 02/10/13 (4)
- Cute punny typo, Carianna! [NT] - judy-mass - 8:17pm on 02/10/13
- Ha! I think I'll leave it. I was busy putting the missing apostrophe into the "its" in my original - Carianna in WA - 8:50pm on 02/10/13
- REC: Potato Soup With Two Cheeses - [LINK] - Meryl - 9:22pm on 02/10/13
- Mmmm. That sounds good! I think I'll make a broth with the ham bone and sub for the chx stock. [NT] - Carianna in WA - 1:25am on 02/11/13