Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yr link is great, & I sincerely TY, Meryl! What I really need is a lesson on how 2 make genoise, &
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #23900 at 12:07 pm on Feb 22, 2013
Alice Medrich provides just that! Look at this direct quote==>
"With only four ingredients plus salt and vanilla, you can mix up a genoise in less time than it takes to preheat the oven. Simple right? But if you donít measure correctly (please buy a scale) or fold properly, or if you donít know how to prevent tiny flour balls or a rubbery bottom layer, then sister you are cooked."
Alice nailed me with her reference to that rubbery bottom layer (no comments from the Peanut Gallery, please! lol.) I've only attempted genoise twice and both times succeeded in creating a beautifully perfect rubbery bottom layer.
I've cranked out a "faux" genoise w/ no problems (recipe from this site), but keep thinking I ought to be able to conquer the authentic French version. We'll see. U all will be the first to know if this happens in the current lifetime for me....merci beaucoup, Meryl!
Other messages in this thread:
- 23900. Am looking 4 an old T&T post by Olga_D_Ont with a subject line of CHOCOLATE GENOISE. - wigs - 11:41pm on 02/21/13 (13)
- I think she is one of the former regulars who removed some of her own post - LisainLA - 11:57pm on 02/21/13
- Lisa, I recall the same. I believe she deleted her T&T's and developed her own website. [NT] - barb_b - 12:12am on 02/22/13
- Here's one to check out from Alice Medrich: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 12:11am on 02/22/13
- Yr link is great, & I sincerely TY, Meryl! What I really need is a lesson on how 2 make genoise, & [NT] - wigs - 12:07pm on 02/22/13
- My pleasure, wigs! [NT] - Meryl - 8:18pm on 02/22/13
- Olga has her own website/blog and she is happy to answer your questions [LINK] - AngAk1 - 12:28am on 02/22/13
- Ang, so glad you found the site. I enjoy her rec's [NT] - barb_b - 12:46am on 02/22/13
- Good to know -- thanks ... - MariaDNoCA - 1:52am on 02/22/13
- Thanks, Ang! I had no idea Olga had her own web site. I'll be sure to seek out my recipe there. [NT] - wigs - 11:54am on 02/22/13
- Dorie Greenspan's instructions are always easy to follow--REC: Genoise... [NT] - charlie - 2:53pm on 02/22/13
- Chocolate Genoise Recipe for wigs - Olga_D_Ont - 6:09pm on 03/02/13